Jags Recap Thread

Jonboy

1 minute ago, smokeater said:

I agree that this was their line of thinking but I don't agree with it.  I too was holding one last hope that it would all click for MM.  That hope was based simply on trusting that the HC was putting the best players on the field.  In hindsight, however, they had to have known in camp that RT is a better QB than MM and they didn't put the players on the field that they thought would give us the best chance to win....awful decision. I'm thinking that if he were a seasoned veteran HC MV would have dug in his heels and insisted on RT to start the season or to play much sooner at the least. 

If MM was a 5th round draft pick this wouldn't have happened which means he got 6 games for political reasons. Once the draft is over they're all just players on the field trying to earn a spot.  Man the hell up and play the guys that you think can give the best chance to win, regardless.  

Winning cures all and I mean all ills in the NFL.  I think MV could be very good and maybe great HC. This was a good lesson for him, but could be a very expensive one if a playoff spot for a rolling confident team was lost in the process.

Multiple reports said the coaches wanted Tannehill to play right away.  We've debated ownership versus the front office but it sure as hell wasn't Vrabel.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the offense has been missing and really came together in the Jags game was the blending of the passing game and power running game with Henry. For too long they would play Henry and run the ball,

Derrick Henry be like    

I wonder if Henry also shook his head when Smith called him to attempt a pass for a TD.     

Posted Images

Just now, BudAdams said:

Multiple reports said the coaches wanted Tannehill to play right away.  We've debated ownership versus the front office but it sure as hell wasn't Vrabel.

He apparently lost this battle then and that shouldn't happen.  I'll take it as a learning experience that he needs to dig his heels in deeper when he knows he's right next time.  The buck stops at his feet first so he needs to fight for final say on who steps in between the lines on gameday.

This year has really worn me out as a Titans fan.  Yesterday was great, but I was still waiting for the Titans to screw up.  Tannehill had a fumble, Henry had a fumble.  And how often can we count on special teams making plays?

I'm still dreading next week.  Still waiting for the Titans to lose that must win game.  Still hoping they'll find a way to win and keep going.

1 hour ago, patsplat said:

This year has really worn me out as a Titans fan.  Yesterday was great, but I was still waiting for the Titans to screw up.  Tannehill had a fumble, Henry had a fumble.  And how often can we count on special teams making plays?

I'm still dreading next week.  Still waiting for the Titans to lose that must win game.  Still hoping they'll find a way to win and keep going.

Lmfao

One good thing is that Tannehill hasn't been party to our Colts pain.  Let's hope he can break it.

It’s called “QB PTSD.” Fans suffer from it.

5 minutes ago, japan said:

One good thing is that Tannehill hasn't been party to our Colts pain.  Let's hope he can break it.

Do you live in Japan? Youtube has been recommending me videos about people living there and giving advice. Sounds like its brutal to get into society there.

The Ngakoue strip sack still has been irritated for a couple reasons:

1) The Jags and their fans celebrated like it was a remarkable play. Pay the man! But it only happened because he knocked Lewan out with a cheap shot the play before. Classic example of not being able to beat a guy so you injure him instead. Ngakoue got steamrolled in the run game, including by Pruitt on the long TD. 

2) Your backup LT comes in cold in the red zone. Naturally, they called a rare non-play action pass, and they gave the TE help all to Conklin. Smith otherwise called a great game, but terrible situational awareness with that call. 

23 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Henry could stand to lighten up a bit. It was obviously a joke. I appreciate his response though. 

Yeah I actually favor his response. For a guy like Henry that is so dominant when he gets going to also be such a team player and unselfish is very rare and its important to him to be a good teammate. He’s really developed into a true team leader too this year. 

Edited by tgo

• Jonboy unpinned this topic