Jags Recap Thread

Jonboy

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the offense has been missing and really came together in the Jags game was the blending of the passing game and power running game with Henry. For too long they would play Henry and run the ball,

Derrick Henry be like    

I wonder if Henry also shook his head when Smith called him to attempt a pass for a TD.     

Posted Images

I think we were pretty great in all aspects yesterday. 

Tannehill using his legs was a majorly effective wrinkle to our offense. As fast as Mariota is I don’t think he had a single 20+ yard run last year. Tannehill jumping over the defender was stupid — hopefully he slides in the future. But can’t blame a guy for going for the touchdown in a critical game.

AJ Brown is a terror in the open field. If it weren’t for Henry we’d be talking about Brown’s two huge plays. In the same vain, I predict Davis will have another breakout game soon. He’s getting close every week but it seems the timing isn’t quite there yet. 

Adoree better make a damn probowl. He’s so solid in open space and at containing deep threats (other than Tyreek Hill).

Im slightly worried about a let down game but it works to our benefit that the guys are keenly aware of all the other games where we’ve fallen flat.  

Having a legit quarterback has absolutely change the feeling and dynamic of this team. It feels like we can beat anybody with this awesome defense and now very solid offense.

Edited by Thrill

Just now, 10 A See said:

Anybody know why the jags were targeting Lewan? Seemed strange that they were gunning for him specifically. 

Really?  He's notorious for taking cheap shots at guys at the end of plays and he's mouthy.  Like the Bills said, he's a fake tough guy.

There's a reason why the Dolphins cheered when he got knocked out last year.  He brings it on himself.

3 minutes ago, 10 A See said:

Anybody know why the jags were targeting Lewan? Seemed strange that they were gunning for him specifically. 

I can think of a lot of reasons

- He's a douchebag

- He's dirty

- He's a loose cannon

- He's prone to penalties

Do you need more?

Edited by oldschool

31 minutes ago, smokeater said:

Stone whipping a dead horse here, but my God, with every win how awful does the decision to leave MM as the starter for 6 games look?  This team could literally be ready and hungry to compete for the SB after week 17, yet be doing nothing but cleaning out their lockers.

It was the right decision to start Mariota for the season. If they had put Tannehill in and he did just ok then all the fans would be wondering why didn’t they start Mariota. Better to know for certain if a guy is or is not your franchise guy. There were question marks beginning this season around Mariota but the whole fan base was divided. Unless you’re an idiot, you know Mariota is not the Titans franchise qb at this point.

They had to figure out for sure what they had in him, they just waited too long to pull the trigger. I would’ve done it after the  Buffalo game but to be fair he had just had a good game (half) at Atlanta. The broncos games it absolutely had to be done, Mariota looked lost, and to their credit they did.

Just now, Tnasty said:

It was the right decision to start Mariota for the season. If they had put Tannehill in and he did just ok then all the fans would be wondering why didn’t they start Mariota. Better to know for certain if a guy is or is not your franchise guy. There were question marks beginning this season around Mariota but the whole fan base was divided. Unless you’re an idiot, you know Mariota is not the Titans franchise qb at this point.

They had to figure out for sure what they had in him, they just waited too long to pull the trigger. I would’ve done it after the  Buffalo game but to be fair he had just had a good game (half) at Atlanta. The broncos games it absolutely had to be done, Mariota looked lost, and to their credit they did.

Fuck the dumb ass fans.  The team SHOULD have known as it was obvious.  The rest of the NFL knew.   

Just now, BudAdams said:

Fuck the dumb ass fans.  The team SHOULD have known as it was obvious.  The rest of the NFL knew.   

I mentioned the fans but it’s the front office who needed to know. Yes, the fans would’ve wanted to know but if Tannehill did just ok they’d be second guessing themselves and we’d have a qb carousel. No one can be certain that he would’ve started quite as hot as he is now but because he is doing well everyone assumes he would’ve been like this through 11 games. 

Mariota deserved the shot. He took us to the playoffs and won a playoff game which is not nothing. He showed promise but was way too inconsistent and is 100% not a franchise qb. 

3 minutes ago, Tnasty said:

I mentioned the fans but it’s the front office who needed to know. Yes, the fans would’ve wanted to know but if Tannehill did just ok they’d be second guessing themselves and we’d have a qb carousel. No one can be certain that he would’ve started quite as hot as he is now but because he is doing well everyone assumes he would’ve been like this through 11 games. 

Mariota deserved the shot. He took us to the playoffs and won a playoff game which is not nothing. He showed promise but was way too inconsistent and is 100% not a franchise qb. 

I'll never agree to that line of thinking. 

The team (ownership, front office, coaches) should have evaluated the situation properly and played the best QB and there's absolutely no doubt that it was Tannehill.   It was a huge error that may in fact derail a great chance for a really wonderful season. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic