Tyler Huntley , QB from Utah

tsokai

PFF's 6th rated college QB after 13 weeks.

6. TYLER HUNTLEY, UTAH

Huntley is the nation's most underrated downfield thrower of the football as he leads the country with a ridiculous 77.9% adjusted completion percentage on throws targeted at least 10 yards downfield. He's completed 47-of-68 passes at least 10 yards past the line of scrimmage and has connected on 10 touchdowns compared to just one interception. Overall this year, Huntley is the nation's leader in adjusted completion percentage to all levels of the field, throwing a catchable pass on 86.2% of his throws while still throwing for 788 yards on deep shots targeted at least 20 yards downfield to rank 17th-most. In fact, he has the nation's highest passer rating on deep passes at 145.5 while also possessing the third-highest passer rating from a pressured pocket (123.5) and the eighth-highest passer rating from a clean pocket (130.9). It doesn't matter the situation, it doesn't matter the throw attempt, Huntley is every bit of an elite quarterback and deserves every bit of recognition he receives this year.

Ryan Leaf who is a college analyst now thinks he'll be a good pro, that's all I need to know.....

All jokes aside he's definitely interesting. I wish he was a little bigger, but he has some great picket mobility to go with the accuracy.

• 2 weeks later...

2 hours ago, Rolltide said:

Don't just say you like the guy tell us where you would draft him. You talking about a 2nd rd pick for the Titans? 

I like Jalen Hurts better. What Jalen has done and the way he has done it is amazing. 

FYI Great blue north ranks Huntley 15th, Draft countdown ranks him 8th(Sans Tua) and Nfl draft scout ranks him 9th, also sans Tua.  

I consider him a mid rd guy for the 3rd or 4th rd. 

I feel like there is a very good chance we take a mid round QB this year though. Haven't seen this guy at all, but like the idea of trying to roll the dice on someone and let them sit under Tannehill and hope we don't have to use him. 

Archived