Derrick Henry’s path to the 2019 Rushing Title(UPDATE: Henry wins it.)

heyitsmeallen

Just now, Stan17 said:

Unfortunately after that run he broke I think they may be taking him out for the game. He hasn’t come back in since. We have to have him the next three games. 

He was in on the last TD series. If Oakland doesn’t score here they might sit him. I hope he can somehow break a 40 yarder and take first tonight. He’s like 46 yards from becoming the only RB ever to have 149+ and a TD in 4 straight games. 

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HENRY JUST WON THE RUSHING TITLE ON A 50+ YARD TD RUN!      

Henry makes another HUGE JUMP. He is now in 3rd place and only 35 yards behind the Leader with 4 games to play. Cook, Jacobs, and Carson still have a game to play this week    1. Chubb- 1,175

Posted Images

Just now, heyitsmeallen said:

He was in on the last TD series. If Oakland doesn’t score here they might sit him. I hope he can somehow break a 40 yarder and take first tonight. He’s like 46 yards from becoming the only RB ever to have 149+ and a TD in 4 straight games. 

Yea he scored that one. I was referring to the drive where Jonnu just scored. That’d be one hell of an accomplishment. 

5 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

He was in on the drive Jonnu scored. 

I know.... He got out in the open with about a 20 yard run and was taken out till start of 4th quarter. I jumped the gun with my initial comment. 

55 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

1. Chubb- 1,281

2. Henry- 1,243

3. McCaffery-1,220

4. Cook-1,108

5. Elliott-1,071

6.  Jacobs- 1,061- OUT(injury)

7. Fournette-1,040

8. Jackson-1,017

9.  Mack-900

10.  Carson-879 -@LAR (14th)

Henry has all but locked it up

Current top 10 and the run Defenses they face this week. 
1. Chubb- 1,281 @ AZ 24th

2. Henry- 1,243 vs HOU 18th

3. McCaffery-1,220 vs. SEA 13th 

4. Cook-1,108 @ LAC 17th

5. Elliott-1,071 vs. LAR 12th

6. Jacobs- 1,061 vs. JAX 30th

7. Carson- 1,057 @ CAR 29th

8. Fournette-1,040 @ OAK 15th

9. Jackson-1,017 vs. NYJ 2nd

10. Hyde-926 @TEN 10th

It's crazy that a QB (Lamar Jackson) is the #9 rusher in the league.   When Michael Vick ran for 1039 yards in 2006, he didn't even crack the top 20 overall rushers.

It's also crazy that defenses aren't doing more to shut down Jackson as a runner.   I haven't watched much of the Ravens this year....but I've watched a bit, and I'm amazed how often edge rushers are chasing that inside fake and letting Jackson get to the edge completely untouched.   If I was a DC, I'd have my edge rushers focus on outside containment  and key 100% on Jackson on every snap...."playing the run on the way to the QB", as they say.    If he fakes to the outside after handing the ball off, then he presents himself as a ballcarrier..... the rules that protect the QB no longer apply.  Even if he doesn't have the ball, it's 100% legal to go after him and blow him up.

From a defensive standpoint, a great dual-threat QB like Jackson is damn near unstoppable.   The best defensive strategy is to keep hammering the guy every time he shows a run look until the coaches stop trying for fear of getting him hurt.   But defenses have become so gun-shy about hitting QB's, I honestly think they don't know this is allowed.

If he's in the pocket, he's protected.   But if it's an option-type play where he takes a step to the outside after handing it off, then he has no protection....the defense has every right to blow him up and take him down hard.    (Which is obviously easier said than done....but at this point, defenses aren't doing it at all.)

• TitansGuru changed the title to Derrick Henry’s path to the 2019 Rushing Title(UPDATE: Henry wins it.)