Sign in to follow this  
heyitsmeallen

Derrick Henry’s path to the 2019 Rushing Title(Currently 2nd with 3 games to play)

13 minutes ago, ctm said:

Titans are extremely vulnerable if he gets even a minor injury and can't play.

Eddie George’s next conversation with him should be convincing him to take up ballet like he and Swann did to reduce the chance of those hammy injuries.

Here is the current top 10 and the defenses they will be facing next week. (The rankings might alter slightly once all of the games have been played. cook and Carson play tonight. )

1. Chubb- 1,175-CIN(32nd)

2. McCaffery-1,[email protected] (17th)

3. Henry- 1,[email protected] (12th)

4. Jacobs- 1,061-TEN(11th)

5. Cook-1,046-DET(23rd)

6. Fournette-990 -LAC (18th)

7. Elliott-990 -CHI(8th)

8. Jackson-977-BUF (15th)

9. Carson-879 [email protected] (14th)

10. Mack- 862 [email protected] (2nd)

Henry plays the Second strongest rush defense out of the guys in the top 5. Also if Henry manages to rush for 145+ next week, he will be the first player in NFL history to do so in 4 straight games. 

Why I would love for Henry to win the rushing title: Good Morning Football picked a lot of the top performers, maybe 12 - it was a 3 round draft- at the beginning of the season, to guess who would win the crown.

The only person in contention none of them picked? Derrick Henry. Also, I hope he wins the Angry Runs crown again this week. They should notice their error soon enough.

I never want to see Henry hit 2000. RB are rarely the same after that and those teams rarely do much otherwise. I would like to see him win the rushing title this year but not if it means missing the playoffs.

Edited by Somedude

4 hours ago, Alcibiades said:

Have to sign Henry. He's basically gotten us half our wins by himself. Now that he has a real QB to threaten defenses, he's just about unstoppable. He's easily our best offensive weapon. Can't lose him right now.

If he hits FA he's going to get PAID. I always thought he'd just get some modest starter contract but now that teams see what he can do behind a QB that can play a little I think his market will be stronger than I perviously thought. 

I think the 2nd contract goes beyond Henry though.  A lot of teams are just not going to pay 13 M or so for a RB no matter how good they are given the track record.

I also think his value to a team like the Titans is greater though so we'll see.  The risk is that it costs you somebody else down the line.

Just now, BudAdams said:

I think the 2nd contract goes beyond Henry though.  A lot of teams are just not going to pay 13 M or so for a RB no matter how good they are given the track record.

I also think his value to a team like the Titans is greater though so we'll see.  The risk is that it costs you somebody else down the line.

I largely agree. I don't necessarily like paying RBs as they're so dependent on the OL and QB playing well. We've put ourselves in a tough spot regarding Henry though. We should've had his heir apparent on the roster already if we were gonna let him walk. 

4 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I largely agree. I don't necessarily like paying RBs as they're so dependent on the OL and QB playing well. We've put ourselves in a tough spot regarding Henry though. We should've had his heir apparent on the roster already if we were gonna let him walk. 

Agreed.  It's clearly a need if only from an injury perspective.  I will say Lewis has actually looked better running/receiving since the QB change though albeit he's a role player RB.

2 hours ago, BudAdams said:

Agreed.  It's clearly a need if only from an injury perspective.  I will say Lewis has actually looked better running/receiving since the QB change though albeit he's a role player RB.

I'm torn between taking a second look at Lewis (since I'm sure Mariota flopping hurt his game as well) and drafting a young chance of pace type guy who might have some starter upside somewhere in the middle rounds. I'm leaning towards drafting a guy just because cutting Lewis would save us money and with few glaring holes on the team this might be the right year to burn a mid-round pick on a back to spell Henry and provide injury insurance.