Derrick Henry’s path to the 2019 Rushing Title(UPDATE: Henry wins it.)

heyitsmeallen

I never want to see Henry hit 2000. RB are rarely the same after that and those teams rarely do much otherwise. I would like to see him win the rushing title this year but not if it means missing the playoffs.

Edited by Somedude

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HENRY JUST WON THE RUSHING TITLE ON A 50+ YARD TD RUN!      

Henry makes another HUGE JUMP. He is now in 3rd place and only 35 yards behind the Leader with 4 games to play. Cook, Jacobs, and Carson still have a game to play this week    1. Chubb- 1,175

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Alcibiades said:

Have to sign Henry. He's basically gotten us half our wins by himself. Now that he has a real QB to threaten defenses, he's just about unstoppable. He's easily our best offensive weapon. Can't lose him right now.

If he hits FA he's going to get PAID. I always thought he'd just get some modest starter contract but now that teams see what he can do behind a QB that can play a little I think his market will be stronger than I perviously thought. 

I think the 2nd contract goes beyond Henry though.  A lot of teams are just not going to pay 13 M or so for a RB no matter how good they are given the track record.

I also think his value to a team like the Titans is greater though so we'll see.  The risk is that it costs you somebody else down the line.

Just now, BudAdams said:

I think the 2nd contract goes beyond Henry though.  A lot of teams are just not going to pay 13 M or so for a RB no matter how good they are given the track record.

I also think his value to a team like the Titans is greater though so we'll see.  The risk is that it costs you somebody else down the line.

I largely agree. I don't necessarily like paying RBs as they're so dependent on the OL and QB playing well. We've put ourselves in a tough spot regarding Henry though. We should've had his heir apparent on the roster already if we were gonna let him walk. 

4 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I largely agree. I don't necessarily like paying RBs as they're so dependent on the OL and QB playing well. We've put ourselves in a tough spot regarding Henry though. We should've had his heir apparent on the roster already if we were gonna let him walk. 

Agreed.  It's clearly a need if only from an injury perspective.  I will say Lewis has actually looked better running/receiving since the QB change though albeit he's a role player RB.

2 hours ago, BudAdams said:

Agreed.  It's clearly a need if only from an injury perspective.  I will say Lewis has actually looked better running/receiving since the QB change though albeit he's a role player RB.

I'm torn between taking a second look at Lewis (since I'm sure Mariota flopping hurt his game as well) and drafting a young chance of pace type guy who might have some starter upside somewhere in the middle rounds. I'm leaning towards drafting a guy just because cutting Lewis would save us money and with few glaring holes on the team this might be the right year to burn a mid-round pick on a back to spell Henry and provide injury insurance. 

On 12/1/2019 at 7:13 PM, heyitsmeallen said:

Here is the current top 10 and the defenses they will be facing next week. (The rankings might alter slightly once all of the games have been played. cook and Carson play tonight. )

1. Chubb- 1,175-CIN(32nd)

2. McCaffery-1,167-@ATL (17th)

3. Henry- 1,140-@OAK (12th)

4. Jacobs- 1,061-TEN(11th)

5. Cook-1,046-DET(23rd)

6. Fournette-990 -LAC (18th)

7. Elliott-990 -CHI(8th)

8. Jackson-977-BUF (15th)

9. Carson-879 -@LAR (14th)

10. Mack- 862 -@TB (2nd)

Henry plays the Second strongest rush defense out of the guys in the top 5. Also if Henry manages to rush for 145+ next week, he will be the first player in NFL history to do so in 4 straight games. 

Cook left the game early last night with an injury so he only had 29 yards. The top 10 remains the same as it was Sunday night. 

27 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

An argument could be made, as good as Tannehill has played, that we would miss Henry more than Tannehill if we had to go one game without him.  Mariota could put together a decent enough game with Henry to win.  Take Henry out of the equation our offense drops off a cliff.

Watch this analysis.  Amazing how many yards Henry gets by himself.

I don’t believe this at all. 

We have to resign Henry. Hes so different compared to other players. Hes also the focal point of the offense.Theres no other RB thats 6'3" 250 lbs that is also fast. Its just not because of the yards he gets its how he gets them. He gets better as the game goes on and he can take one to the house at any moment.

All the great RBs are worth a second contract and Henry may be a potential hall of fame player when its all said and done. 

42 minutes ago, japan said:

I don’t believe this at all. 

Gotta agree. Henry is that dude and in a lot of ways he is the offense but without a threat at QB, team would just over commit and shut Henry down. Really though, we're fucked if either of them go down.

Like every other Titans fan, I’m pulling hard for Henry to maintain his current momentum  for the rest of the season and   throughout  the playoffs. 

But at the same time....If Henry wins the rushing title this year,  you can forget any hope of keeping him for $11M/year.   He would have every right to demand an Elliot/Gurley type contract... which is probably more than JRob  is willing to spend .   So the team would either tag him or let him walk... neither of which is an attractive option .

• TitansGuru changed the title to Derrick Henry’s path to the 2019 Rushing Title(UPDATE: Henry wins it.)