Myles Garrett Hits Mason Rudolph With His Own Helmet

Jonboy

29 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Me too.  In the black and white world of flag or no flag, I would definitely say it should have been flagged.

But I can totally understand the lack of a flag.  It was in the grey area and wasn't egregious.  It almost sort of looked like Garrett was trying to "softly" take him to the ground to avoid a penalty.

I was with you until the last part. Definitely did not look like that. 

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is obviously a lie.  This was nowhere close to losing 4 Super Bowls in a row.

I have no problem with Pouncey's actions.

If you think I have been defending Garrett you haven't read all of my posts or you haven't been reading them very carefully.  I'm not at all excusing what Garrett did and there is no doubt he crossed

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Thrill said:

I honestly think this is all super lame. Haynesworth caused a guy to get like 40 stitches over his eye ball and got suspended for 6 games. Garrett lightly grazed him with the helmet and got the same suspension. Also the fact that the Steelers guys got suspended is so fucking stupid. The NFL doesn't realize that fights are a marketable part of the game. The NHL leaned into it and it makes the game more fun. Over punishing normal Football scraps is so stupid and tone def. The Finnegan AJ fight is still played all the time on NFL Network as a funny scuffle, but in the moment the NFL can't let something like a little scrap go unpunished. Garrett should be suspended for like 2,3, or maybe 4 games but no one else should be missing any time for retaliating. 

Ya lets make it hockey. If we just let them give the head nod let the 200-350 pound roided freaks take off the helmets and kill each other.

1 hour ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I'm not saying that's definitely what happened, just that it's a reasonable possibility.  We see guys flagged every week for "body slamming" QB's to the ground or even just tackling them "too hard".

Watch the replay again a few times.  Just watch the actual play and tackle before the scrum and try to pretend you don't know what happens afterwards.

It's indisputable that Garrett hits him within an instant of the ball being released.  The hit wasn't dirty or hard, Garrett wraps him up.  The disputable part is what happened after that.  Garrett probably should have let go as opposed to dragging him to the ground, but the drag to the ground didn't appear to be egregious or anything IMO.

As you are watching it again, imagine how much worse Garrett could have hit him, or how much worse Garrett could have body slammed him to the ground.

There are much worse tackles/hits in just about every single NFL game every week of the season.  What Garrett did during the actual play is pretty freaking mild by NFL standards.  Should it have been flagged?  Yeah, I already said I think it should have been.  But was that play really one that should have inflamed a QB or started a helmet rip off competition?  No way.

Edited by abenjami

23 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Well that was entertaining. No way is Rudolph innocent in this. He instigated it. He also chased Garrett after having his helmet ripped off like a dumb ass. The video of him calling the guy a bitch after getting throw to the ground is priceless. 

lol at the racist comment assumptions

garrett is a wildcard hot head. He crossed the line. 

Exactly .... You knew that assumption was brewing. 

5 hours ago, Thrill said:

Remember when James Harrison looked like he was going to kill Kurt Warner during the goddamn superbowl? He literally towered over him and kept pushing him to the ground repeatedly and the NFL didn't do shit about it. 

Well since it was Kurt Warner, it was ok.

On 11/14/2019 at 11:27 PM, abenjami said:

Dude I'm white and if someone calls a black person a nigger, I have no issue with them cracking their skull.

Aparrently you don't work for Popeye's chicken or have any plans to.

Edited by freakingeek

14 hours ago, abenjami said:

Me too.  In the black and white world of flag or no flag, I would definitely say it should have been flagged.

But I can totally understand the lack of a flag.  It was in the grey area and wasn't egregious.  It almost sort of looked like Garrett was trying to "softly" take him to the ground to avoid a penalty.

13 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

It looks as though the force of Garrett’s hit didn’t take Rudolph down, so at that point he relies on his own body weight and the twist in order to take him down. I guess it’s “soft” in that he didn’t try to lift Rudolph up in order to take him down.

Truly, Garrett should have just let him go. I laugh looking at the ref who is watching it and just pretends nothing is happening.

He’s practically like, “Eight more seconds and I am outta here.” Little did he know. Earlier in the game, it’s probably unnecessary roughness for a late hit.

21 hours ago, GLinks said:

Let’s put this one little point to rest, shall we? Come to Jesus, Joel.

Well, watching that it's looking more like he called him "betch"... the more lesbian pronunciation of the word... but the general truth of it is there for all to see.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

WTF??!!

I have watched this like 10 times. Myles Garrett started the whole fucking thing.  First, he body wraps Rudolph and slams him to the ground - totally completely unnecessary.  Even if Rudolph still had the ball, there was no need to body slam him.  Ridiculous.  Roid logic all the way.

At what point did Rudolph even remotely start this fight??  It's all on Garrett.  What am I missing here?

It's OJ all over again.

Edited by Denali

8 hours ago, GLinks said:

It looks as though the force of Garrett’s hit didn’t take Rudolph down, so at that point he relies on his own body weight and the twist in order to take him down. I guess it’s “soft” in that he didn’t try to lift Rudolph up in order to take him down.

Truly, Garrett should have just let him go. I laugh looking at the ref who is watching it and just pretends nothing is happening.

He’s practically like, “Eight more seconds and I am outta here.” Little did he know. Earlier in the game, it’s probably unnecessary roughness for a late hit.

I don't specifically remember if the receiver was tackled inbounds or not at the end of the play, but the ref's thought process probably was the last thing the Steelers would have wanted was to have to run another play, thus no flag.