Myles Garrett Hits Mason Rudolph With His Own Helmet

Jonboy

1 hour ago, big2033 said:

No lol. But I've worn one and picked one up before. It's not a brick. The thing would break before you could really kill someone outside of a freak accident.

People are going cuckoo over this.  "He could have been killed."  GMAB.  These guys take worse hits playing the game.  He didn't even quit coming at Garrett.  It's a rough sport and to play any position you have to be one tough sob.  Rudolph was hardly fazed by the hit.  He's laying on the ground calling Garrett a bitch, but people want to protect him like he's a bitch.  

Same people change the channel after the game and watch MMA.  That shit should be banned.  "oh no, we have our children watching that, it's junior's favorite sport"  

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is obviously a lie.  This was nowhere close to losing 4 Super Bowls in a row.

I have no problem with Pouncey's actions.

If you think I have been defending Garrett you haven't read all of my posts or you haven't been reading them very carefully.  I'm not at all excusing what Garrett did and there is no doubt he crossed

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

Like Oilerman said earlier, Michael Barrow of the Oilers ripped Mike Tomczak's helmet off and punched him in the face repeatedly in 1993 on a nationally televised game.  

Joe Theismann is an idiot, that's why ESPN fired his sorry ass after doing MNF for just one season. His opinion means jack shit.

59 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

No Steeler should have been suspended. When your QB is assaulted like that you have a right to beat the shit out of the guy. They were not excessive it isn't like they were decking officials trying to break it up. Garrett deserved to get the shit beat out of him. 

Totally agree with this but that’s not the snowflake world we live in now. 

7 minutes ago, abenjami said:

If you think I have been defending Garrett you haven't read all of my posts or you haven't been reading them very carefully.  I'm not at all excusing what Garrett did and there is no doubt he crossed the line.

What I posted was largely in response to the immediate outcry by the media and then posters on this board putting all the blame on Garrett.  Is Garrett the biggest villain in this incident?  Absolutely, no question about it.  But there is plenty of blame to go around when it comes to Rudolph and Pouncey.

And BTW, his hand wasn't stuck in the helmet and he very clearly was trying rip it off and twisted it.

People are believing the hand stuck in helmet bs?  Rudolph was just as big an instigator.  I think it's pretty ridiculous that he only got fined.

3 hours ago, Jeff.Fisher said:

At least rudolf was trying to get his helmet back. I once had a player throw his own shoulder pads

Dude you are low key hilarious. 

I wish your coaching career had better finishes than your jokes.

I once got my finger stuck in a face mask and it was twisted to it hurt like hell. Tried to get it out and I was just ripping at the dudes helmet. It was at practice so there no hard feelings. I don't know if Masons finger was caught or if he really was going for it.

Edited by Somedude

4 hours ago, DecepticonShawn said:

What exactly did Ogunjobi do in the fracas?

Pushed Rudolph to the ground from behind after he and Garrett had been separated.

Thought Pouncey should have gotten a game instead of 3, he was coming to the defense of his QB, which all OL are trained to do at every level, wasn't really much of a kick, don't know if it even connected. Imagine what Lewan would have done if that had been a Titans QB ?.

Just now, No1TitansFan said:

Pushed Rudolph to the ground from behind after he and Garrett had been separated.

Thought Pouncey should have gotten a game instead of 3, he was coming to the defense of his QB, which all OL are trained to do at every level, wasn't really much of a kick, don't know if it even connected. Imagine what Lewan would have done if that had been a Titans QB ?.

It wasn't really much of a kick but how did you miss all the punches thrown?

2 minutes ago, abenjami said:

It wasn't really much of a kick but how did you miss all the punches thrown?

Thus a single game suspension, usual penalty for throwing a punch is ejection and a fine; since it occurred when the game was virtually over, the ejection was meaningless. He wasn't causing any physical damage throwing weak punches against a guy in full pads; he was making the point you don't go after our QB.