Myles Garrett Hits Mason Rudolph With His Own Helmet

Jonboy

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is obviously a lie.  This was nowhere close to losing 4 Super Bowls in a row.

I have no problem with Pouncey's actions.

If you think I have been defending Garrett you haven't read all of my posts or you haven't been reading them very carefully.  I'm not at all excusing what Garrett did and there is no doubt he crossed

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Interesting take.  What are your thoughts on the Red Nosed Raindeer's reaction after being hit in the head with his own helmet?  Did he look injured?  It appeared to me he was looking for a flag from the refs as opposed to being concerned with his own safety.

Thats what made think of that old Courtland fight. He did the same thing. The only thing that made me think he just got mad and not trying 2 get the other guy ejected was they couldn't win at that point. Other than that it was clearly 1 guy trying 2 goad the other guy.

But that is why I also mentioned restraint, all kinds of shit happens on football field and most of it isnt pleasant but most of the time guys are still cool about it.

Edit: sorry not cool,  but understanding, accepting or just able 2 move on.

Edited by Callidus

7 minutes ago, Blackjack said:

This should absolutely be in play when discussing repercussions. Garrett definitely took it the next level but Rudolph instigated it for sure. 2 game suspension for Rudolph and 4 game for Garrett seems about right.

Edited by Tnasty

Just now, Callidus said:

Thats what made think of that old Courtland fight. He did the same thing. The only thing that made me think he just got mad and not trying 2 get the other guy ejected was they couldn't win at that point. Other than that it was clearly 1 guy trying 2 goad the other guy.

But that is why I also mentioned restraint, all kinds of shit happens on football field and most of it isnt pleasant but most of the time guys are still cool about it.

I think obviously something happened that set Garrett off beyond being able to restrain himself.  We'll see what comes out.  Maybe he was called the N word.  Maybe Rudolph grabbed his nuts or poked his eye ball when his hand was in his helmet.

5 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Interesting take.  What are your thoughts on the Red Nosed Raindeer's reaction after being hit in the head with his own helmet?  Did he look injured?  It appeared to me he was looking for a flag from the refs as opposed to being concerned with his own safety.

Jesus Christ. He just had his helmet ripped off and used as a club against him. He was probably looking alright due to adrenaline. 

you’re really defending Myles Garrett on this? 

Just now, StephenIsLegend said:

Jesus Christ. He just had his helmet ripped off and used as a club against him. He was probably looking alright due to adrenaline. 

you’re really defending Myles Garrett on this? 

I'm withholding final judgment until all the facts come out.  What i'm saying at this point is it's not 100% Garrett's fault as the media is trying to proclaim.

1 minute ago, abenjami said:

I think obviously something happened that set Garrett off beyond being able to restrain himself.  We'll see what comes out.  Maybe he was called the N word.  Maybe Rudolph grabbed his nuts or poked his eye ball when his hand was in his helmet.

All of these things happen all the time....

You know would happen if a black player reacted every time a white fan called them the n word? Im not sayong its right but as a human you dont try and crack some1s skull.

Just now, Callidus said:

All of these things happen all the time....

You know would happen if a black player reacted every time a white fan called them the n word? Im not sayong its right but as a human you dont try and crack some1s skull.

Dude I'm white and if someone calls a black person a nigger, I have no issue with them cracking their skull.

1 minute ago, abenjami said:

I'm withholding final judgment until all the facts come out.  What i'm saying at this point is it's not 100% Garrett's fault as the media is trying to proclaim.

I’d be pissed too if I were a QB and was driven and thrown to the ground wel after I released the football. 

1 minute ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I’d be pissed too if I were a QB and was driven and thrown to the ground wel after I released the football. 

Yeah but would you have shown some restraint or would you have twisted the guy's head and tried to rip his helmet off?

BTW, the refs did not flag the tackle.

Edited by abenjami

If the NFL doesn't punish Rudolph as well it's a huge mistake. It'd be like if I punched a guy who's 3x my size in the face and then I'm surprised when he totally owns me. Yeah dude, what did you think was going to happen when you tried to twist his head and rip his helmet off? Inexcusable by both players. Suspend them both. Suspend Garrett for longer due to the helmet swing.