Ohio Moves Bill to Allow Students to Be Wrong on Science

reo

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://politicalwire.com/2019/11/14/ohio-moves-bill-to-allow-students-to-be-wrong-about-science/       sigh.... we're taking steps backwards as a society. This is depressing.

But this is exactly what you believe, right?  Before God there was nothing, right?  So God created everything out of nothing, right?     So ultimately, you believe something DID form out of

No. The religious right wants to ignore scientific findings that are inconvenient or contradictory to their beliefs. That is exactly what this bill says. It says that students cannot be penalized if t

It was funny the other day watching the retard I don’t have to name using the exact same language as his leader. ‘Beautiful_____ versus slimy ugly _____’ it’s taken on a life of its own with these idiots. They don’t think for themselves because they’re too stupid to do so while at the same time too stupid to understand that fact. 

2 hours ago, reo said:

Not in the slightest. I consider myself more spiritual than religious but I actually respect scientists who still believe. There's a ton out there that we don't understand and understanding science doesn't negate believing in some sort of higher power.

But you have to accept what we know to be true and then structure your beliefs around the unknown.

Don't completely disregard science and believe things that have been completely disproven.

That's not the point.   The OP advocates that conservatives are being anti science and religious fanatics over the Ohio Bill.   I pointed out the fallacy in that the left forcefully will not allow for religious points of view to fill in those unknowns.   Schools teach evolution, including origins of life and the universe as fact.  It is not fact, only theory. 

1 hour ago, Little Earl said:

That's not the point.   The OP advocates that conservatives are being anti science and religious fanatics over the Ohio Bill.   I pointed out the fallacy in that the left forcefully will not allow for religious points of view to fill in those unknowns.   Schools teach evolution, including origins of life and the universe as fact.  It is not fact, only theory. 

No. The religious right wants to ignore scientific findings that are inconvenient or contradictory to their beliefs. That is exactly what this bill says. It says that students cannot be penalized if their answers are scientifically wrong. It doesn't broach the topic of unknowns. It says if they are wrong according to science. That is ignoring science.

Edited by reo

6 hours ago, oldschool said:

only fools like you believe science and belief in a higher power are at odds with each other. 

They are at odds in the sense that there is no scientific evidence whatsoever to back up any belief in a higher power. 

Science is of course fact based and the other is just faith/belief in the supernatural or something that is totally unobservable or unmeasurable (i.e. - not real), akin to believing in Santa Claus, or the tooth fairy. 

But maybe you were just referring to the bill at hand, or from the perspective of believing in a higher power making science untrue. 

Edited by tgo

3 hours ago, MadMax said:

I get it now!  You were a botched abortion!    That explains a lot about your dumb ass.

This is the only reason he is against abortion. He thinks it gives him some moral high ground so he just randomly brings it up thinking it's a winning zinger.

When in reality, it's like a flat earther shouting out some conspiracy theory to an astrophysicist. He thinks he won the round but in reality the astrophysicist is just amazed by the simplicity of his thinking and ignorance. 

No one bothers to reply to him anymore. Not bc they can't but bc we all know it's not worth the effort. 

Edited by reo

Just now, Rolltide said:

I knew it was a shot at creation people. 

A shot? Who needs to take shots at them? They're currently having to try and pass laws to allow them to be wrong about science in order to keep believing what they believe. 

Just now, Rolltide said:

Pertaining to science it should never be politicized. 

This we agree on... and yet it is.

9 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Lmao. You just replied to me 10 straight times saying the same damn thing every time. 

So not only have you been putting in "effort", that effort consisted of parroting yourself.

Lol you made the same comment in 2 threads. How did you not expect the same response??

On 11/14/2019 at 6:37 PM, Little Earl said:

This is because deluded dumbasses like Starkiller try to tell us that leftist scientific theory is fact......it is not.  Evolution is not fact.   Something did not form out of nothing.   Cells did not split and then all of a sudden require two sexes to create new life.   There are not multiverses.   And so on.

lmao if you want to believe in creationism ok but don't pretend your beliefs are in anyway based on scientific reasoning just because you're to lazy to educate yourself on evolution.

On 11/14/2019 at 3:27 PM, reo said:

https://politicalwire.com/2019/11/14/ohio-moves-bill-to-allow-students-to-be-wrong-about-science/

sigh.... we're taking steps backwards as a society. This is depressing.

Final exam for seniors.                     A+

The earth is flat, if you swim too far out you'll fall off.

A man can live inside the belly of a whale for three days, without air tanks.  That's as long as the whales belly is big enough.  

How is the earth populated?  Well, there was supposed to be only two people.  But Eve listened to the talking snake.  Mistake.  God punished all women forever to get get babies by becoming pregnant.

A woman can be turned into salt, but not table salt.

A big boat can hold two of every animal known to man and they can live on a boat for 40 days.  Even though they normally eat other animals, they fast for 40 days.  They are real hungry when the boat lands, so best not to shake paws, wolves, wings-well just stay the hell away from them for a little while.

I can prove all this by showing you it in the bible.

God hates fags so he invented aids.

Edited by Number9

Ohio is doing just fine. Not a single Ohioan gives a rats ass about what a fag like Reo thinks about anything. Youre a complete Dbag for posting something so stupid. Education in Ohio does not allow people to simply defy science. Keep to the news in youre own shit stain of a community.