Bye Week Talk: Outlook for 2019 and Beyond

Jonboy

16 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Is Jackon even a free agent? If not I wouldnt worry about CB in the first then. I say itll be OLB in the first. Wouldnt be surprised if we took DL and limit Caseys role. 

I said CB just bc there are so many good ones in the draft this year. Very corner heavy first round, could get a good player later than normal. 

But yeah I prefer OLB, namely Epenesa if he’s there. 

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Playoffs? Playoffs?!     Unsurprisingly, it's been another roller coaster season for the Titans. I'm as guilty of it as anyone, but I think it's time to move past the "what if" sce

Never draft a mike williams it never works

1 hour ago, TheBukafax said:

Deshaun Watson is one the best QBs in the league. He was worthless against the Ravens.

Mind as well not draft QBs high amirite or amirite!

Who should HOU add to help Deshaun Watson?

OL to protect him?  DL to stuff Lamar Jackson?  Or, as you would have it, another WR to watch him get sacked?

53 minutes ago, tgo said:

I said CB just bc there are so many good ones in the draft this year. Very corner heavy first round, could get a good player later than normal. 

But yeah I prefer OLB, namely Epenesa if he’s there. 

Epenesa had a monster game for Iowa on the weekend.

On 11/16/2019 at 1:10 PM, IrishTitansFan said:

Leaving out the greatest WR ever who won 3 superbowls.

It's also a terrible argument. JJ Watt hasn't won a superbowl, neither did Bruce Smith. Do you not draft a defensive lineman top 5? I don't think WR should take priority over some other positions either, but if you think Julio Jones was a "terrible choice" at #6 overall, I really don't know what to say. He's one of the best WR's ever 

The idea we shouldn't have drafted Davis at 5 because he's a receiver is dumb. Drafting WRs in the top 5 won't lose you Super Bowls any more than not taking them there will win you any Super Bowls. Teams win Super Bowls.

That being said, I don't think bulking up the team's receiving corps was the only reason JRob drafted AJ Brown. He knew this decision was coming and so far Davis hasn't blown the doors off with production, his fault or otherwise. I love the guy as a player, but there's just no way JRob is spending the 5th option on him unless he explodes in the last 6 games and then wreaks havoc in the playoffs. There are too many other positions to take care of first whereas he'd be a luxury.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Is Jackon even a free agent? If not I wouldnt worry about CB in the first then. I say itll be OLB in the first. Wouldnt be surprised if we took DL and limit Caseys role. 

Ryan and Sims are both UFA, that is why CB is a need.  There isn't much depth behind Jackson and Butler.

7 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

The idea we shouldn't have drafted Davis at 5 because he's a receiver is dumb. Drafting WRs in the top 5 won't lose you Super Bowls any more than not taking them there will win you any Super Bowls. Teams win Super Bowls.

That being said, I don't think bulking up the team's receiving corps was the only reason JRob drafted AJ Brown. He knew this decision was coming and so far Davis hasn't blown the doors off with production, his fault or otherwise. I love the guy as a player, but there's just no way JRob is spending the 5th option on him unless he explodes in the last 6 games and then wreaks havoc in the playoffs. There are too many other positions to take care of first whereas he'd be a luxury.

Your second paragraph disproves the first.

I don’t think Davis was a bad pick. Mariota was a much worse top 5 pick. 

But I still think WR is a really deep position and drafting one in the top 5 probably leaves you with a really low chance of getting that Calvin Johnson/Julio Jones type.

1 hour ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Ever since Brown got that PI he's been ineffective for the most part. Appears it's going to take some time to figure how to get open in the NFL.

The same can be said for every receiver on the team, even those like Davis and Humphries who have proven that they can do it.  These play designs are predictable, they don't really give the receivers opportunities to win one on one matchups.  It's pretty telling that when Tannehill was calling plays on the last drive, it was effortless and Humphries was more open than he's been the entire year on the TD.  He knew that he was going to be open as soon as he saw the matchup and the coverage.  Smith just needs to be able to do that, and can't.  

1 hour ago, Thrill said:

I don’t think Davis was a bad pick. Mariota was a much worse top 5 pick. 

But I still think WR is a really deep position and drafting one in the top 5 probably leaves you with a really low chance of getting that Calvin Johnson/Julio Jones type.

The Top 10 picks in the last 15 years or so (going back multiple regimes) have not been kind overall to the Titans:

2005/#6 - Pac Man Jones

2006/#3 - VY

2011/#8 - Locker

2013#10 - Warmack

2015/#2 - Mariota

2016/#8 - Conklin

2017/#5 - Davis

To date, not one of them earned a 2nd contract with the Titans.

6 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

The Top 10 picks in the last 15 years or so (going back multiple regimes) have not been kind overall to the Titans:

2005/#6 - Pac Man Jones

2006/#3 - VY

2011/#8 - Locker

2013#10 - Warmack

2015/#2 - Mariota

2016/#8 - Conklin

2017/#5 - Davis

To date, not one of them earned a 2nd contract with the Titans.

That is brutal overall; however, I think the best two were JRob picks...

Edited by ChemEngr79

1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

Sadly, I think PacMan was probably the most talented of the bunch.  Boy did he squander his career with being a dumbass.  He was an elite player up until the suspension.

Yeah he was. People forget that he missed like 2 years of his prime before he washed back up in Cincinnati. I think he also had a vertebre fracture at one point. 

1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

Sadly, I think PacMan was probably the most talented of the bunch.  Boy did he squander his career with being a dumbass.  He was an elite player up until the suspension.

Definitely agree with you there.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic