Bye Week Talk: Outlook for 2019 and Beyond

Jonboy

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Playoffs? Playoffs?!     Unsurprisingly, it's been another roller coaster season for the Titans. I'm as guilty of it as anyone, but I think it's time to move past the "what if" sce

Never draft a mike williams it never works

1 hour ago, patsplat said:

Pick 32 is practically second round.  This is about whether a WR is worth a top 10 pick.  And the answer is no, never.

Going from memory, BB has had 1 top 10 pick in the last ~15 years and that was the one he got from Oakland for the Seymour trade...

I think it was the ~8-10th pick and they took a LB in Mayo. So saying BB would never take a WR in the top 10 is simply your opinion as there is insufficient data to conclude anything...

As for WR never being worth a top 10 pick...you are entitled to your opinion. I doubt you will find a high percentage that agree with you on this...

Edited by ChemEngr79

44 minutes ago, patsplat said:

And seriously, a 4th round pick for one of the best WRs of all time (Randy Moss) is hardly an example of "valuing receivers more than I'm letting on"

Ok. He tried to trade for AB just this past year. He consistently is in the mix when star WR's are on the market. He's just never in position to take a premium WR in the draft

50 minutes ago, patsplat said:

WRs have long careers, trades for proven veterans are absolutely the right way to fill out the squad.

You cant have it both ways. Trading a first and using a first are the same fucking thing, on top of that you were wrong 2 start with.

Opps, I got this totally wrong.  Trading 4th rounders and backup QBs for WRs total justifies the Titans using the #5 pick for Corey Davis.  There may have been better defenders but there's no way you find a #1 WR like JuJu Smith Schuster later in the draft.  You gotta just make that pick high to get a productive passing game, all there is to it.

6 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

No it's not. 

A rookie drafted has a greater chance to bust.

No one is trading a 1st rounder for a 4th year maybe type of player. They're gonna know what they're getting. 

And trading for a player dosnt mean they will pan out either....

6 hours ago, patsplat said:

DeAndre Hopkins is one of the best WRs in the league.  He's worthless against the Ravens right now.

Deshaun Watson is one the best QBs in the league. He was worthless against the Ravens.

Mind as well not draft QBs high amirite or amirite!

1 hour ago, Thrill said:

I think top 10 picks should almost exclusively be DL (edge rushers included), OL, and QBs. 

I’d add special dual threat RBs and shutdown corners to that list. 

And I don’t think you draft guards and centers in the top 10, only tackles. 

There can be exceptions though if you have those needs filled (rare for a team picking top 10 obv) or if you’re picking 8-10 and worthy players at the premium positions you need are all taken and you cant trade down. 

Edited by tgo

I’m hoping for an edge rusher or corner in the first this year if we retain our guys. 

And if not, then a deep speedster WR with elite tracking ability ala Hollywood Brown to really make teams pay with play action. 

Alternative options would be a back to compliment Henry like Swift or a right guard if we’re picking late enough. 

Of course, if you lose Henry or Conklin, those positions become prime needs. 

Edited by tgo

Just now, tgo said:

I’m hoping for an edge rusher or corner in the first this year if we retain our guys. 

And if not, then a deep speedster WR with elite tracking ability ala Hollywood Brown to really make teams pay with play action. 

Defense for me.  NO OL.  Not real keen on  sinking more assets into another WR.  Depending on what happens and where we pick, an all around 3 down RB would be fine as well.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic