The Mandalorian / Book of Boba Fett (spoilers)

Starkiller

2 hours ago, Starkiller said:

It’s set after Palpatine’s death (?) in ROTJ so presumably he isn’t behind it. Plus, he might have wanted Yoda killed but why would he care about this 50 year old baby?

Best I can think of is to figure out how their species lives so long.

Granted, this is all going off the assumption that Palps didn't actually die in ROTJ. I mean, he's supposed to be in TROS in flesh and blood so I assume he didn't...

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grogu!

It’s a good, entertaining show and it is almost universally enjoyed by Star Wars fans. That’s better than most of the 9 Star Wars saga movies...

Posted Images

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

I loved it

I wish Favreua(sp) did the new trilogy. He seems to get the feel of Star Wars or just nastolgia in general

He is also arguably the guy responsible for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. If not for him nailing the 1st Iron Man movie, which was a big risk at the time, who knows if there would have ever been other Marvel movies. 

They have been pretty short on dialog so far, especially ep 2, but that’s OK. It has worked out well enough with a main character who isn’t much of a talker.

Not really sure where they are going here. All they really managed to do in ep 2 was to prove that the child is powerfully force sensitive. That and Jawas live on planets other than Tatooine. 

Ep3 starting to really get into the meat of things now. I'm convinced even more after seeing this that baby Yoda is going to play into Palpatine's still being alive in TROS.

Anyway, saw this nice, depressing little Titans-related meme on Twitter:

Edited by NashvilleNinja

I haven't watched episode 3 yet, but you've got to hand it to Favreau. He just understands what modern audiences want and getting that fans would absolutely go apeshit over baby yoda was smart. 

I overall really like it. I want to see more of these characters (Werner Herzog FTW!). Sound editing is amazing. The Mandolorian theme is great. The way the signature beat kicked in with the line "may he survive and bring you great fortune" or whatever was perfect character development through sound. 

2 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

That last shot is criminally bad. So odd and out of place.

What, handing the child the ball? I thought it was was pretty good way to show him looking out for the kid. They have a bond. He isn’t just a bounty to protect anymore.

Edited by Starkiller

• Starkiller changed the title to The Mandalorian / Book of Boba Fett (spoilers)