2 hours ago, Starkiller said:

I have not joined Disney+ yet, but the 1st episode got a good review:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/11/the-mandalorians-first-episode-is-a-no-brainer-reason-to-pay-for-disney/

If you have Verizon they're offering a year's subscription for free.

I know what I'm gonna be watching tonight. That and the next episode of Jack Ryan.

Soooo... nobody's gonna bring up baby Yoda and what it could mean to the future of SW stories? They said this "baby" is 50 years old and apparently this story takes place only 3 years after the events in Return of the Jedi.

If this is Yoda and Yaddle's offspring then it had to have been conceived before the events in the prequels. It opens up a number of questions. Will this Yoda-species creature have a role to play in The Rise of Skywalker and how Sidious will be dealt with? Was Anakin or Luke ever the chosen one? Will we finally get a much deeper look into Yoda's past and/or his species?

48 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Soooo... nobody's gonna bring up baby Yoda and what it could mean to the future of SW stories? They said this "baby" is 50 years old and apparently this story takes place only 3 years after the events in Return of the Jedi.

If this is Yoda and Yaddle's offspring then it had to have been conceived before the events in the prequels. It opens up a number of questions. Will this Yoda-species creature have a role to play in The Rise of Skywalker and how Sidious will be dealt with? Was Anakin or Luke ever the chosen one? Will we finally get a much deeper look into Yoda's past and/or his species?

It was a nice touch, but we don’t really know what it means. We know very little about Yoda’s species. 

I’m more interested in the fact that IG-11 (who was cool) had a kill order and the Mandalorian had a bring win back alive if possible order. 

3 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

It was a nice touch, but we don’t really know what it means. We know very little about Yoda’s species. 

I’m more interested in the fact that IG-11 (who was cool) had a kill order and the Mandalorian had a bring win back alive if possible order. 

Yeah... and I wonder which order Sidious might be behind. Obviously he's previously wanted every Jedi to be killed, hence the order 66. "Baby Yoda" isn't a Jedi, but Yoda lived to be 900 years old. And since longevity seems to be something Sidious has obsessed about and since the doctor at that meeting really wanted it brought back alive...

They've set him up (name of series, calling him Mando, having him identifying with gaining some insignia or whatever and helping his people) to be defined by his heritage. It's his core self. Here, he has an opportunity to return a large portion of the basker metal and there's going to be internal conflict as he debates helping baby Yoda.

In fact, I predict he doesn't turn Yoda in or that he rescues Yoda after.

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Yeah... and I wonder which order Sidious might be behind. Obviously he's previously wanted every Jedi to be killed, hence the order 66. "Baby Yoda" isn't a Jedi, but Yoda lived to be 900 years old. And since longevity seems to be something Sidious has obsessed about and since the doctor at that meeting really wanted it brought back alive...

It’s set after Palpatine’s death (?) in ROTJ so presumably he isn’t behind it. Plus, he might have wanted Yoda killed but why would he care about this 50 year old baby?

Edited by Starkiller