TitansGuru

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You cant use we... gtfo traitor.

Btw, this idea that Tannehill is going to sign here for 15M a year is off. He's going to be worth closer to 25M per year - somewhere between Cousins and Foles. 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, japan said:

Caveat is that Lombardi hates Robinson, right?

It's been alleged on here that Lombardi doesn't like Robinson as he's been critical of him and the team over the years. 

Still, I do think it's far more likely that the GM is dictating personnel playing time more than the owner, especially given the track records of AAS and Robinson.  It's also undeniable that Robinson made plenty of changes to maximize Mariota in theory and used his regression to force out Mularkey.   JRob did trade for Tannehill while he immediately made it clear that RT was the backup.  Having Mariota succeed was by far the easy button move at QB for Robinson as right or wrong MM was the face of the franchise and favorite of the fan base and local media.   It also would reinforce to ownership that his plan worked.  With Tannehill, another veteran, or a rookie, it's a harder sell to all and he completely owns it.  Tannehill is a hand me down whereas Mariota was the #2 overall golden child.

I may be in the minority but I don't think AAS is dictating lineups.  The Vrabel comment when they switched about wanting Mariota to play some games with Lewan and Davis to me was a big clue that Robinson was knee deep in the decision.

Regardless, it does make me feel better about the coaching staff's role in it.

3 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Yes but the amount of time they gave him tells me that the primary concern was injury. I think they were as horrified as we were when they realized he was healthy and still sucked. 

Nah. They knew the reality. Aas made them show it on the field undoubtedly and mariota rose to that occasion. 

15 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

I also think it's much easier for the fan base, especially this one, to blame the owner, as opposed to the GM that they like and who has the fate of the team largely in his hands as the chief decision maker.

Yes the GM who didn’t give a big contract to said QB, who traded for a new QB... Smells like a business decision not a football one.

"Front office" can sometimes be an extension of ownership + gm + president of operations + whatever position a team has up top.

I don't think that's what Lombardi meant and especially with the Titans I feel the media would never miss an opportunity  to target ownership, but it's not really clear from that quote what he meant or if he was being deliberately vague.

Either way football people in the Titans org went along with it. There are times where decisions are so bad they have to put their foot down and if they knew the result was a 2-4 start I think they do that here, so they/JR must have misread the situation to some extent.

4 hours ago, BudAdams said:

There were plenty of people on this board that scoffed at the idea that Tannehill was even equal to Mariota let alone better.   He was simply seen as an upgrade to Gabbert and had no chance of seeing the field unless Mariota got hurt.

I was in that camp.  I firmly believed that Mariota's future relied mostly on his health.  I figured the Titans' franchise luck pointed towards him getting injured again, not him failing to perform.

I don't know why anyone cares how much we pay Tanny. Does the cap even limit teams anymore?

Anyway, I think we need to solidly win a few games before we can say we are now a good team. We are definitely way better than we were in the first 6 games. Interestingly, we go 2-4 and suck. The Chiefs have gone 2-4 over their last 6 games, are still considered one of the best teams in the NFL. It's all about HOW you win (and, I suppose, how you lose).

5 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

One of those Reddit scrubs is stealing my stuff

George Costanza

We're also 3-1 in games he's started. As a Mariota apologist, Tannehill is my new dad.

TySoprano

Welcome aboard

What’s up with Titans fans and this weird “x is my dad thing?” Bizarre 

20 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Your disdain for jrob is laughable. It was in everyone's best interest for Mariota to succeed period. Acting like jrob is married to a QB he didnt draft is crazy. Again the far more likely scenario is that AAS wanted to give Mariota one last chance. The starting QB is an org level decision.

It's not disdain.  There is far more evidence that Robinson runs the football operations, including the on field piece, than there is that AAS does.

It's also fact that Robinson used Mariota's lack of development as a huge reason for changing coaches.  He also exercised the 5th year option.  Yeah he didn't draft him but to act like he's not invested in the success of Mariota is laughable and wrong.