Lamar Jackson for MVP?

IrishTitansFan

3 hours ago, Mettamucil said:

Jackson is nowhere near Wilson's caliber. Way too early for any thoughts like that.  He's doing it mostly vs man looks.  Teams will adjust.  Then we'll see.  

Ingram is a real problem for defenses. He’s compact and always falls forward. It adds a dimension to the offense to have a RB like that.  

I think defenses are going to start going all out against the guy. Press zone blitz with a LB scraping who does not react to the play fake. Keep a safety over the top and tell the LB blitzing to hit Jackson at all costs. At the end of the day there is no defense to stop a guy running this offense without hitting him. Defense isn’t designed to cover that many different options. 

I don’t ever see his style of play winning a SB, but Jackson is certainly the closest because it is a true triple option, which has never been seen in the NFL. Every play the defense is being stressed in a bunch of different ways on every play. Eventually teams are going to move to just hit the guy regardless of what he does. I’ve said for years that’s how you defend that type of offense. Let a team beat you if you have to but punish the QB the entire time, because a guy like Jackson is likely going to beat you anyways with this team, so you might as well go after him. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m fascinated how the Ravens have went all in on Jackson and how good he’s been.    I drafted him in FF for these reasons

My vote would go to Wilson at the moment, but Jackson has been unbelievable this season. He is on pace for 3700 yards passing and 27 TD's while completing 66% of his passes, he's also on the way to we

Too early to tell on Mahomes? Laughable. He's a generational talent. He completely lit up the Titans and that was a terrible play call

3 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Player A: 2993 Total yards, 26 atotal TDs, 2 INTs 68.5 comp%, Rating 115

Player B: 3026 Total yards, 27 Total TDs, 5 INTs, 66 comp%, Rating 102

How anyone can assume they know who's winning MVP atm is crazy. 

Lamar has the edge because of how captivated people are with his style of play. I'm also willing to bet there is a healthy amount of over-correction from people who publicly said he was a bust and are now making sure they aren't wrong twice.

39 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

If the numbers stay similar and Wilson leads Seattle over SF for the division, it would be an absolute travesty if he doesn't win MVP. 

Lamar is fun to watch but if that is the determining factor, eww.

Stop acting like there's no argument. His "excitement factor" isn't why the Ravens are 8-2. If that really counted then RG3 should still be Washington's QB.

It isn't Baltimore's fault that neither the Steelers, Browns, or Bengals are 9-1. So no, it would NOT be a travesty if he doesn't win it. It would just be an indication of a strong competition of performance between the two.

LJ is just as much a reason for the Ravens success as Wilson is the 'Hawks. The Ravens would be nowhere right now if not for him.

12 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

He's also 1-3 in his last games. Stats are for losers.

Take it easy on Mahommes. He's a stud and betting against him is a losing proposition. He's doing everything a QB can possibly do but his defense can't stop a sneeze. 

On 11/11/2019 at 9:40 AM, CaliTitan3518 said:

It’s going to be interesting to see how teams try to stop them. They are too big to run nickel but too fast to run a base defense. I guess you will need 3 down players across the front 7. 

The 49er game should be a good one. 

I think our 3-3 big front could work against them.

Casey, simmons and jones

Brown evans landry

Jackson, ryan

Byard, vaccaro and hooker