Evans and Landry

OILERMAN

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These guys are really playing well.    Landry had a sack, tackle for loss and another QB hit. He was pressuring the edge pretty consistently   Evans had 7 tackles, 1 sack, 2 tackle

There is talent on offense as well they just don't get enough chances to showcase their ability.

I like what I see from David Long as well.  He seamlessly fills in for Woody next year.

51 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Robinson's successes have definitely been more on the defensive side in terms of the draft, even with the Dodd bust. 

In JRob's defense, it’s harder to judge the quality of his offensive additions with a terrible QB throwing the ball in a turn of the century offense.

2 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Calling all Tolar’s. I repeat, calling all Tolar’s. 

I'm glad to have some good players, but the price paid cost us in depth. I bet I can find better players taken after most of these in the draft. I think Robinson is an above-average GM but he deals recklessly. Crap, you better get someone who contributes (even if it takes a year) when they finally get on the field.

10 hours ago, Number9 said:

I was calling for Landry for months.  I got over it after the draft first day, Evans was supposed to be gone.  Then the next day we get Landry, I was in heaven.  I see people criticize JRob even after seeing him pull this kinda stuff off in the draft.  Buh, buh, buh what about Dodd?  Buh, buh, buh what about Henry?  Fuck Dodd.  

There are some retards (Tolar) that are still dogging him for trading up for those two guys...

Edited by japan

41 minutes ago, japan said:

There are some retards (Tolar) that are still dogging him for trading up for those two guys...

It just makes so little sense.  The number of rookies that make it are minimal.  Undrafted guys make it.  The round only makes a difference in the first paycheck, but not the talent.  You can trash a GM for making a bad choice or two, but I don't think there are any GM batting a 1000.  I also think JRob ranks very well among the GM picking in the four years he has picked.  

For some reason there are some players not playing to their level this season, but we have real talent that matches up with the best teams in the NFL.  That's all you can ask.  The Titans play in maybe the toughest division in the league, but none of the cities are big time and we only have one SB winner.  Kansas City has four losses and three of them came from AFC South teams.  We have to get through them without one gimme game and we can compete with them.  The QB situation was an albatross that came with the job that you can't downgrade JRob for having to deal with it.  Every Titans fan should be aware of the improvement JRob has made with the roster.

Dodd. :(  

On 11/11/2019 at 1:06 PM, Supdawg said:

Agree, but we can't properly evaluate the O-Line until we have a line coach who is not literally the worst Oline coach in the NFL. 

I agree he should be fired. Should already be fired. They looked better this last game. 

But about Jrob, he's shown missteps when signing and drafting Oline before Keith Carter took over. 

On 11/11/2019 at 1:19 PM, BudAdams said:

Robinson's successes have definitely been more on the defensive side in terms of the draft, even with the Dodd bust.  In FA, he did pay top dollar for Ryan and Butler, which is fine but personally I prefer the home grown talent.

To the OP, Evans is a pure stud and Landry looks to have upped his game in year 2. 

With the offense, clearly it's been hit and miss both in the draft and FA.  I didn't like the Saffold contract (he overpaid IMO), Humphries (like the player but teams find those slot guys in the draft all of the time), and the Lewis pickup was steep even at the time. 

Hitting on Tannehill can cure a lot of misses though and also take pressure off to over draft another QB prospect again.

Jrob needs to take a serious look at the coaching staff (and I don't mean Vrabel.) Oline has regressed (from previous years on our team and other teams.) Ditto for Lewis. I really credit Pees and Vrabel for the defense (and good drafting obviously.) Vrabel is getting his ass kicked every practice -- and knows his shit. 

Where's the Vrabel for the Oline? That shrimp dick Keith Carter? Those big uglies got no respect for him. I will leave the receivers alone for now since they weren't really getting the ball thrown to them as much as it was thrown near them -- if at all. 

Henry has ran away with the running back situation. No room for anyone else in the back field despite Lewis shitting the bed nearly every play that he gets. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2019 at 2:59 PM, SleepingTitan said:

Jrob needs to take a serious look at the coaching staff (and I don't mean Vrabel.) Oline has regressed (from previous years on our team and other teams.) Ditto for Lewis. I really credit Pees and Vrabel for the defense (and good drafting obviously.) Vrabel is getting his ass kicked every practice -- and knows his shit. 

Where's the Vrabel for the Oline? That shrimp dick Keith Carter? Those big uglies got no respect for him. I will leave the receivers alone for now since they weren't really getting the ball thrown to them as much as it was thrown near them -- if at all. 

Henry has ran away with the running back situation. No room for anyone else in the back field despite Lewis shitting the bed nearly every play that he gets. 

How do you know keith carter has a small penis? Thats just, well ya.

Edited by Callidus