Thoughts (and obfuscations)

code

Sometimes when I watch our team I can't help but think that even when we win we lose.

1. Tannehill was good. Again. And he was clutch when needed. When you compare him to Maholmes (or Watson) you are disappointed. When you compare him to where we have been since Mac left us ... you think he is the best of the rather sordid lot. Is he good enough to win with when the team is playoff ready. Damned if I know. I haven't been right on a QB in 15 years. I don't think I will start being right today. But, I see a guy that you can sign for 3 years/$45 million total who when surrounded appropriately might be good enough.

2. No doubt Vrabel is well liked in the locker room. Team plays for him. No doubt he has been learning (and flailing on the job from a game management perspective. Today he was very good. Romo pointed out how smartly he managed the clock. Some weeks I am with the 'fire him now crew'. Others I am undecided. Today definitely left me in the undecided column again.

3. Some days I question Jon Rob. Then I see Simmons and Long and Hooker and Brown making contributions. I see guys like Smith and Jackson seemingly having the lights go on. I really like Evans and Brown. He has done well with some free agents like Logan Ryan. He brought Tannehill here for pennies on the dollar. I wish he was Chris Ballard. But days like today remind me that he has done a pretty good job reshaping the roster.

4. Derrick Henry. Has he not punched his ticket? 

We are really betwixt and between. We see hope. And then moments later we see the shit show. We have been average forever. If the future is Tannehill, Vrabel and JRob - are we finally on our way? I just don't know.

6 minutes ago, code said:

Sometimes when I watch our team I can't help but think that even when we win we lose.

1. Tannehill was good. Again. And he was clutch when needed. When you compare him to Maholmes (or Watson) you are disappointed. When you compare him to where we have been since Mac left us ... you think he is the best of the rather sordid lot. Is he good enough to win with when the team is playoff ready. Damned if I know. I haven't been right on a QB in 15 years. I don't think I will start being right today. But, I see a guy that you can sign for 3 years/$45 million total who when surrounded appropriately might be good enough.

2. No doubt Vrabel is well liked in the locker room. Team plays for him. No doubt he has been learning (and flailing on the job from a game management perspective. Today he was very good. Romo pointed out how smartly he managed the clock. Some weeks I am with the 'fire him now crew'. Others I am undecided. Today definitely left me in the undecided column again.

3. Some days I question Jon Rob. Then I see Simmons and Long and Hooker and Brown making contributions. I see guys like Smith and Jackson seemingly having the lights go on. I really like Evans and Brown. He has done well with some free agents like Logan Ryan. He brought Tannehill here for pennies on the dollar. I wish he was Chris Ballard. But days like today remind me that he has done a pretty good job reshaping the roster.

4. Derrick Henry. Has he not punched his ticket? 

We are really betwixt and between. We see hope. And then moments later we see the shit show. We have been average forever. If the future is Tannehill, Vrabel and JRob - are we finally on our way? I just don't know.

Ballard was never an option because he refused to be saddled with Mularkey.

Tannehill came through when it mattered.  Like most fans, I considered this game a loss before kickoff and just enjoyed the good plays and didn't get pissed about things that hurt the Titans.  I was surprised with how the last quarter unfolded.  Most of those events don't happen to the Titans.

Today was possibly the most impressive win Tennessee has put up in a long time in the regular season outside of the GB and Seattle game in ‘16 and the NE and Philadelphia game last year. 

it was the ultimate team win. We won in all 3 phases of this game. 

RT was perfect. Henry was a fucking monster. The defense stepped up without Casey, Butler and Brown and the offense stepped up without Davis, Walker and the continued loss of Pamphile. I think we see a major improvement when Pamphile comes back after the bye. 

We should be healthy after the bye week minus Butler. 

I would not sign RT yet... I would wait until the end of the year so he keeps playing hungry. He has been so instrumental in this teams turnaround. It’s night and day. 

We have a long path to the playoffs. Essentially have to win every divisional and conference games, but it can happen. 

I agree if RT keeps it then you don’t make a huge move for a QB this year unless one falls to you it within striking range. 

I can’t believe we beat the Chiefs down the players we were and with them being fully healthy on offense minus their two starting OT’s

9 minutes ago, 9ErFan said:

Today was possibly the most impressive win Tennessee has put up in a long time in the regular season outside of the GB and Seattle game in ‘16 and the NE and Philadelphia game last year. 

RT was perfect. Henry was a fucking monster. The defense stepped up without Casey, Butler and Brown and the offense stepped up without Davis, Walker and the continued loss of Pamphile. I think we see a major improvement when Pamphile comes back after the bye. 

I would not sign RT yet... I would wait until the end of the year so he keeps playing hungry. He has been so instrumental in this teams turnaround. It’s night and day. 

We have a long path to the playoffs. Essentially have to win every divisional and conference games, but it can happen. 

I agree if RT keeps it then you don’t make a huge move for a QB this year unless one falls to you it within striking range. 

I can’t believe we beat the Chiefs down the players we were and with them being fully healthy on offense minus their two starting OT’s

GTFOH. This board is for Titans fans that aren't quitters. 

10 minutes ago, 9ErFan said:

Pamphile has been healthy for a few weeks now...

39 minutes ago, 9ErFan said:

malcolm jamal warner the raptor GIF by The Resident on FOX

51 minutes ago, 9ErFan said:

We?  

Archived