Jonboy

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mariota sucks btw

The debate is over. RT>MM in every facet. With the ability to make plays comes leeway on bad sacks and other negative plays. I've said all along all QB's miss throws and make poor decisions from ti

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Somedude said:

Is he our Rich Gannon?

wouldnt that be great. Gannon didnnt get past the issues that plagued him until 34. if RT can turn it around at 31 then we could still have the better part of a decade with him. 

3 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The good thing about what Tannehill is doing is he removes the dire need at the QB position, if Tannehill had come in and struggled it would probably led to JRob aggressively chasing one of the top handful of QB's in the 2020 Draft, where we currently sit I just don't see JRob packaging up picks and moving up for a guy like Herbert.

What I can see JRob doing is re-signing Tannehill and then taking one of the 2nd/3rd tier QB's in the 2020 Draft to develop behind Tannehill, that means looking at guys like Eason/Love/Hurts/Newman/Costello 

Exactly. J Rob should sign or franchise RT and draft a guy in the second or third to develop behind him. I really think Eason makes the most sense.

56 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

If the Titans can draft a QB like then do it. But Tannehill gives them ability to draft another position without doing something crazy in regards to reaching for a QB

And @big2033 the 19 pass attempts were because of Vrabel and his philosophy not Tanny

The Titans didn't run many plays in the first half and the Chiefs couldn't stop Henry at all in the 2nd half. They got the gameplan absolutely right

9 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Mariota never ran over anyone. Both those plays were guys running straight up. If he ran that 2 pointer like Tanne he would be in the hospital today.

Like I said before, There are a lot of things you can fault Mariota for. This isn’t one of them. He also trucked a defender against the giants. I’m sure if you looked online you could find many more examples. What’s funny is that if he would have done that, you morons would have started a thread calling him an idiot for doing it. But since it was RT it’s all good right? Just like when RT eats sacks instead of throwing away and doesn’t slide on non crucial runs. It’s apparently ok when he does it but not when mariota did. ? 

Titans needed that win in the worst way.  Tannehill, barring some major collapse has earned an opportunity to be the Titans starter going forward.  I believe the Titans should build around Tannehill and go 100% in on him this offseason.  Put off looking for a QB heir apparent for now and bring in a backup QB you feel comfortable with given Ryan's injury history.

For the draft and FA, let's bulk up this offensive line, get the best oline coach money can buy, bring in some more weapons and continue to build the defense.  They can win a lot of ball games with RT as the starter.