Your 2020 Titans Starting QB Is...

Jonboy

13 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Much more likely that we retain RT and he shows us exactly why the dolphins had 6 years of frustration and paid to get rid of him. 

Here’s to hoping it’s a complete career turnaround though.

Is he our Rich Gannon?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mariota sucks btw

The debate is over. RT>MM in every facet. With the ability to make plays comes leeway on bad sacks and other negative plays. I've said all along all QB's miss throws and make poor decisions from ti

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Face said:

The last thing this team needs right now is another 1sr rd QB. I get it, I understand the whole “if you think so & so is a franchise QB you take him” bit. I agree with it to.  But not for this team right now. 

This organization has been utterly paralyzed for the last decade & a half  “developing QB’s”. It basically took precedence over wins & losses. We basically would be happy if we lost as long as VY/Locker/MM played well. If we won & they didn’t everybody would be miserable. This team hasn’t been able to just approach the offseason in a proper way. Everything was focused on the “developing the QB” rather then winning games.

I can’t take this merry go round of rookie QB’s anymore. Tannehill is a veteran who can go out & run an offense the way it’s supposed to be run. That’s all I want. I’m tired of training wheel offenses I just want a team that I can watch & not worry about the QB “taking the next step”. Plus the odds are any QB we take in the 1st rd will not be as good as Tannehill. 

Its the worst thing we can do. The second we draft a 1st rd QB all the focus does to “developing” him. This organization & fans need a break from this. 

So you want to just be competitive but not a contender? Your logic doesn't make much sense. It just plays into what you hate: Continued mediocrity.

You want a team that would like its QB to throw it only 19 times?

Now if Tannehill truly ends up being great somehow ok ... but if not, you just want to roll with him anyway? I'm confused as to your endgame with Tannehill.

It's sounds like you don't want to get your hopes up, but either way you're going to.

Edited by big2033

You draft a qb this year even if you thinks it’s a shot in the dark. Assuming we keep Tannehill you still have to think about his injury history and the future. I’m not saying we need to take one in the first but I liked what Baltimore did with Lamar Jackson. They traded up to get him at the end of the 1st and in doing so we’re guaranteed a fifth year option. 

It’d be a dream if Tannehill could be our guy for a few years and we develop his successor, slowly, at the same time. 

Edited by Thrill

1 hour ago, titanruss said:

Much more likely that we retain RT and he shows us exactly why the dolphins had 6 years of frustration and paid to get rid of him. 

Here’s to hoping it’s a complete career turnaround though.

We don’t need a compete career turnaround. He’s been a top 15 qb basically his whole career. The Dolphins had an all new regime and wanted to go a different direction...now look at them...

48 minutes ago, Mercalius said:

Tannehill’s started four games now. Expanded to 16 games his stats would look like:

4068 yards

32 Touchdowns

12 Interceptions

(this doesn’t include his playtime against Denver)

Which is pretty average for his career. No reason to not think this is what we’d get with him the next 5 years 

50 minutes ago, big2033 said:

So you want to just be competitive but not a contender? Your logic doesn't make much sense. It just plays into what you hate: Continued mediocrity.

You want a team that would like its QB to throw it only 19 times?

Now if Tannehill truly ends up being great somehow ok ... but if not, you just want to roll with him anyway? I'm confused as to your endgame with Tannehill.

It's sounds like you don't want to get your hopes up, but either way you're going to.

Not everything is black and white. He’s saying don’t reach for a QB just because. 

And btw stop being an asshole already. Tannehill has played really well for four straight games. That’s a good thing. No one is crowning him as some elite QB. Face was saying the team could actually make waves with a guy that even comes close to top 10 for a full season. I agree with him. Fix the o-line, get solid QB play, and this team is ready to compete. 

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Not everything is black and white. He’s saying don’t reach for a QB just because. 

That might be how you read it but that's not what he said. He doesn't want a 1st round QB at all

2 minutes ago, Mercalius said:

It honestly proves how useless the stat can be. When you have a ball-control offense your QB will be put in these situations.

Our previous starter was racking these game-winning drives up.

Edited by big2033

1 minute ago, big2033 said:

That might be how you read it but that's not what he said. He doesn't want a 1st round QB at all

No, I read into context and also remember who it is who posts. We are 5-5. We aren’t getting any of the top guys. He’s openly saying whatever we do keep Tannehill and sign him to be the starter. 

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

No, I read into context and also remember who it is who posts. We are 5-5. We aren’t getting any of the top guys. He’s openly saying whatever we do keep Tannehill and sign him to be the starter. 

So you ignored what he wrote and formed your own opinion. OK ...