I still think we might lose him this offseason. That may be the logical move given the position and cost, but from a purely emotional standpoint I hope we keep him. No other back in the league is as explosive as he is.

2 hours ago, Face said:

Until this week, and week 1 I guess with the  huge screen. he hasn’t jumped off the box score. But he’s been pretty steady & the guy ranks very high every year in the running analytics, he outperforms his run blocking by a good amount.

Id resign him unless he gets monster money. He’s not the most well rounded but his blocking has definitely improved & guys with his insane size/speed ratio don’t grow on trees. 

Theres some very nice backs coming out this year but I don’t think we’re in the best position to use a 1st rounder on one. I just don’t see replacing Henry with a drafted back doing much to improve the team.

What I’m afraid of is he does completely bonkers again like last year & gets PAID.

There is a reason Vrabel is like 11-0 when at least tied at halftime, it’s Henry. 

I said early this week that we would beat the Chiefs, only to continue the madness this season. I also predicted following the bye, we would lose to the Jags inexplicably because we are so inconsistent. Hope I’m wrong....

No matter who the QB is we need Henry.  Assume it is either Tannehill or a rookie at this point.  If it is a rookie Henry better be back.  

Not to mention who is going to take that role?  We don't have anyone on the roster to step up and our #2 guy needs to be replaced.  

I actually think Henry could get even better or maintain this level for a number of years.  He is obviously not injury prone and has learned to run better in the NFL by being a meat grinder when necessary.  He makes a one yard gain 3 and usually gets more yards than he has blocking for.  Plus he has running from the cops speed in the open field.

18 minutes ago, prine06 said:

It’s crazy to think he was trending the totally opposite direction before Eddie set him straight

Truly an amazing turn around, he deserves a lot of credit

I think i would like to see Henry resigned even when you consider the limitations.  

Im not sure its going to take some massive deal to make it happen either.  If they cut Lewis and draft his replacement it seems more then reasonable.

It's tough because Henry is a great two-down running back and fits the Titans history. But if you guys want a passing mentality for this offense in the future, it can't be just Henry. We either need a very good compliment or a more well-rounded starter.

I think we've seen enough to realize that Henry and a pass-first offense don't mix very well.

You need a back like Dalvin Cook for that.

Edited by big2033

4 minutes ago, big2033 said:

It's tough because Henry is a great two-down running back and fits the Titans history. But if you guys want a passing mentality for this offense in the future, it can't be just Henry. We either need a very good compliment or a more well-rounded starter.

I think we've seen enough to realize that Henry and a pass-first offense don't mix very well.

You need a back like Dalvin Cook for that.

If they keep Henry then they have to get another pass catching RB and split the carries more. 

You cannot have an offense that features Henry and runs it so much.