The Chicago Bears and Marcus Mariota

'Nator

There is a significant minority of Bears fan, writers and prognosticators who are open to the Bears bringing in Marcus Mariota next season. 

Marcus Mariota and Mitchell Trubisky are the epitome of that 2 Spider-Mans pointing meme. They are nearly the same player. 

Mariota is better at processing defenses, Trubisky has the better arm. Both miss and sail intermediate difficulty NFL passes far too often. 

Part of it is the classic case of "fans only watch their own teams". As a Bears fan in Nashville I've been able to see a lot more Mariota than other Bears fans have. But another part is that folks think his old coach, Helfrich, the Bears OC can play to his strengths.  

As a Bears fan I am starting this thread in order to report back next season on this train wreck as it happens, if they do indeed sign him in the offseason. 

What would you tell Bears fans about Marischrota?

Edited by 'Nator

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I'm Trubisky I think Mariota is the FA I'd most want the Bears to bring in...

Marcus Mariota is the least elusive fast guy I’ve ever encountered. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Callidus said:

I still cant belive people ldt alonr titans fans think mariota is a mobile qb. He had strait line speed and even that isnt there anymore.

Yeah a few years ago he had running back speed. Dude was FAST. And you just don't see it anymore. 

SAME with Trubisky. I am telling you, these players are remarkably similar, which is why it would be doubly stupid if the Bears signed Mariota. 

Trubisky was basically a running back when taking off last year. Not as straight line fast as prime running Mariota but damn close, but with better twitch ability to run laterally and make others miss. This year he has simply REFUSED to run and he's not making lineman miss like last year. 

Dude had 421 yards rushing and 3 TDs in 14 games last year. This year, in 7 games he has 46 yards. Obviously, he hasn't lost athletic ability in a year. Whoever told this dude to stop running (his only truly dynamic skill) and to be a pocket QB should be shot. 

Mariota is better at processing defenses

Are we sure they're not just hiking to a jugs machine in Chicago? A mannequin? We've had our fair share of grass-is-greener schtick on this board, but if this take is truly what the Bears fanbase is on about, I can't even begin to imagine the oncoming cognitive dissonance, should MM land in Chi.