TNF Chargers vs Raiders

AussieTitanFan08

Pretty blatant officiating screw-up on that delay-of-game by the Chargers.     The clock had already hit zero and the officials blew the play dead just as the ball was snapped...Rivers takes the shotgun snap and starts to relax, but the Raiders keep coming and two guys absolutely crushed Rivers.   

They took Rivers down hard a good two seconds after the whistle...but no flag.   If I was Rivers or Anthony Lynn, I'd be absolutely livid.

42 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Da Raydas!!!

Mayock + Gruden > JR + Vrabel

And they traded Cooper and Mack

???????

All these smart ass Titans fans laughed at them trading those two and drafting Ferrell. They better than the shitty ass Titans. 

The joys of being a Titans fan. ???

Oh shut the hell up.

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Crazy how many Chargers games finish with Rivers throwing an INT while trying to complete a game winning drive, no idea why they were attempting all those downfield shots when they still had 3 timeouts.

What amazed me was on the Chargers’ final drive, Rivers had what...7-8 uncatchable balls in a row?    They even gave him a new set of downs after a defensive holding call on 4th down...and  he STILL couldn’t complete a pass.  

15 minutes ago, nine said:

What amazed me was on the Chargers’ final drive, Rivers had what...7-8 uncatchable balls in a row?    They even gave him a new set of downs after a defensive holding call on 4th down...and  he STILL couldn’t complete a pass.  

I couldn't figure out the playcalling or decision making on that one.  Totally befuddling.

And LOL at trying to put Ferrell's good game without perspective: he was going against the second team OT's (both Right and Left).  That's the equivalent of getting sacks vs Dennis Kelly.

I don't understand all the hate some people have for what Mayock and Gruden are doing.  I think it's an awesome story how these two guys came together and are trying to revive one of the league's most historic franchises back into contention.

How can you not root for Mayock?  This is a guy who barely made it into the league as a player and couldn't make a career out of it.  He gets cut and is out of football for almost 20 years, working a regular job like the rest of us.  He busts his ass to get back into the game, first as an announcer and then lands a job as a player analyst.  He eventually parlays that into a GM position.  Talk about a dream coming true for most of us.

Then you have Gruden.  I never really liked the guy as a coach or as an announcer on MNF.  But it's awesome to see someone come back into coaching after a decade in the booth and have success when a lot of people doubted it could be done.

I think it's fantastic and I'm rooting for them to succeed.  They are totally bucking the antiquated system and conventional "wisdom" that runs most franchises.

2 minutes ago, abenjami said:

I don't understand all the hate some people have for what Mayock and Gruden are doing.  I think it's an awesome story how these two guys came together and are trying to revive one of the league's most historic franchises back into contention.

How can you not root for Mayock?  This is a guy who barely made it into the league as a player and couldn't make a career out of it.  He gets cut and is out of football for almost 20 years, working a regular job like the rest of us.  He busts his ass to get back into the game, first as an announcer and then lands a job as a player analyst.  He eventually parlays that into a GM position.  Talk about a dream coming true for most of us.

Then you have Gruden.  I never really liked the guy as a coach or as an announcer on MNF.  But it's awesome to see someone come back into coaching after a decade in the booth and have success when a lot of people doubted it could be done.

I think it's fantastic and I'm rooting for them to succeed.  They are totally bucking the antiquated system and conventional "wisdom" that runs most franchises.

Agree - I think it's an interesting story and I'll given them credit for making moves that most criticized.  Pete Carroll and John Schneider got similar hate early on - everyone trashed their 2010 - 2012 drafts that built their SB run teams.

I feel bad for their fans as they don't deserve to be losing their team.

10 hours ago, nine said:

I think Rivers is close to done. 

Archived