OILERMAN

Where is Jon Robinson? He's gone silent

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, No1TitansFan said:

Not at all what I said; you need a QB who can occasionally bail out OL mistakes and you can't let guys come clean up the middle; no QB succeeds when that happens.

Tanne rushed for 38 yards last game. I'm certain that depressed the Mariota boys. The last nail in the coffin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

That's exactly what happened. Demarco Murray was playing out of his fucking mind until he got hurt which allowed Mariota to play the best ball of his career. People also forget that before that season the consensus was that the OL was utter dogshit. We were pleasantly shcoked with how well they were playing. People act like we've had this great OL for years that is now being unfairly maligned by dumb fans and held back by bums like Mariota and Henry when in reality we've had a highly inconsistent OL that had a nice 8 game stretch 2 years ago, and a nice 4 game run last season, and been a liability the rest of that time. 

Of course. When you have the #2 overall RB in the league everything including the offense looks different. When Murray fell off a cliff, Mularkey’s ‘great’ offense looked like dog shit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not making excuses but the problems with the oline seem symptomatic of there being no continuity as well as people playing in the wrong scheme. Trying 2 play with a different guy next 2 you over and over again and with a different guy 2 block 4 has 2 cause problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, japan said:

Of course. When you have the #2 overall RB in the league everything including the offense looks different. When Murray fell off a cliff, Mularkey’s ‘great’ offense looked like dog shit. 

We averaged 31.5 PPG and Mariota threw 11 TDs during the 4 games following the Murray injury vs Jacksonville.  Murray averaged over 4 YPC during only one of those 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

It would be except that as I said, Conklin actually "fell off" last year, Lewan started to suck THIS year (likely due to non football reasons), and Saffold is actually new to the scheme. The only one who might get a pass based on "scheme" is Saffold since he's new but both Lewan and Conk have played in this scheme and the main reason we kept Smith was to ensure continuity in that very same scheme that you all consider terrible. IMO, Saffold probably benefited more than we thought from the perfect storm of talent and scheme that were the 2018 Rams and Conk was overhyped as many said. Lewan has clear elite talent but is doing himself no favors these days.  

 

Saffold is way better than you are giving him credit for. He played next to Kelly for 4 weeks and Lewan for the last 5. Both of them have struggled which puts pressure on Saffold. The real issues with the OL are with Lewan and Davis. Lewan has always been overrated (dude has never the best LT in the game despite with Titans fans claim) but he's really stinking it up this year. As I said in the other thread, I'd call the Skins and swap him for Trent Williams in the offseason. Sure Williams is older but he's actually a top 3 LT. Now for Davis. I can't fathom why he's playing over a healthy Pamphile. Davis is not ready to play from a physical standpoint and needs an offseason in the program. It would be one thing if he was holding his own but he's not. he's getting overpowered as well as beat technique wise multiple times a game and it's hurting the offense. Its futher indictment the coaches are being stubborn rather than facing the facts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Competition for N. Davis has to be acquired in the off season.  Can't go into 2020 just hoping he improves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BudAdams said:

 

Yet if you don't have the QB, your plan is to pretend you do until year 4 when you add Tannehill and make it clear he's the backup (even though he was better???

 

People get all mad but it's a fact that the team has passed up more than one QB that's head and shoulders better than Mariota under his reign.

This obsession is becoming a little much. It's fairly obvious AAS loved Mariota and made decisions based on it. Jrob likely did not have the ability to move on from Mariota until now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, oldschool said:

 

Saffold is way better than you are giving him credit for. He played next to Kelly for 4 weeks and Lewan for the last 5. Both of them have struggled which puts pressure on Saffold. The real issues with the OL are with Lewan and Davis. Lewan has always been overrated (dude has never the best LT in the game despite with Titans fans claim) but he's really stinking it up this year. As I said in the other thread, I'd call the Skins and swap him for Trent Williams in the offseason. Sure Williams is older but he's actually a top 3 LT. Now for Davis. I can't fathom why he's playing over a healthy Pamphile. Davis is not ready to play from a physical standpoint and needs an offseason in the program. It would be one thing if he was holding his own but he's not. he's getting overpowered as well as beat technique wise multiple times a game and it's hurting the offense. Its futher indictment the coaches are being stubborn rather than facing the facts.

 

Lewan has given up 1 sack in 5 games and has arguably been the best run blocker; know the 6 penalties have been too many and he'd be the first to tell you he should be playing better but you're off the wall; besides if the Redskins don't want to play Williams, what makes you think they'd pick up Lewan's contract. Let's trade our in the prime LT for an older guy coming off of not a knee, not an upper body injury, but cancer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, No1TitansFan said:

 

Lewan has given up 1 sack in 5 games and has arguably been the best run blocker; know the 6 penalties have been too many and he'd be the first to tell you he should be playing better but you're off the wall; besides if the Redskins don't want to play Williams, what makes you think they'd pick up Lewan's contract. Let's trade our in the prime LT for an older guy coming off of not a knee, not an upper body injury, but cancer.

 

Stop the homer crap. Lewan has been beaten repeatedly which has led to sacks even if he technically didn't give them up. Also read up on the Williams situation and get back to me. You sound uninformed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seemed like Davis had a decent game and the OLine was better overall.  The only negative on Tannehill is holding the ball a little long and taking unnecessary sacks.  

I thought the game plan and offense did OK considering the Chief's offense couldn't let our offense on the field.  When we go later in the game we were almost unstoppable on offense.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Seemed like Davis had a decent game and the OLine was better overall.  The only negative on Tannehill is holding the ball a little long and taking unnecessary sacks.  

I thought the game plan and offense did OK considering the Chief's offense couldn't let our offense on the field.  When we go later in the game we were almost unstoppable on offense.  

It seemed like we only had the ball for 3 drives in the first half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Seemed like Davis had a decent game and the OLine was better overall.  The only negative on Tannehill is holding the ball a little long and taking unnecessary sacks.  

I thought the game plan and offense did OK considering the Chief's offense couldn't let our offense on the field.  When we go later in the game we were almost unstoppable on offense.  

He was better but still got bullrushed like a mofo on what became a Tannehill scramble. It stood out because of how deep into the backfield he ended up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.