AvgJoe

Interesting Ryan Tannehill Stat

Saw this on Twitter. Makes me even angrier that he didn’t start the season as our QB. Also, vet damning on Gase’s part:

8 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Sounds to me like Arthur Smith has elevated the play of Ryan Tannehill :cmj:

Please let someone else make that connection and hire him as HC.  

3 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

Please let someone else make that connection and hire him as HC.  

I think hell for Smith would be to finally escape Mariota only to go coach  Trubisky.

45 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

I will say something here about Adam Gase.  WTF has he ever done?  His big success was with Peyton in Denver. 

Thats why Manning is the greatest QB ever. He literally can make anyone look incredible. 

2 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

I think hell for Smith would be to finally escape Mariota only to go coach  Trubisky.

This season is likely done, but it sure is nice to not be subjected to that caliber of QB play anymore

Tannehill is an NFL starting QB, Mariota isn't. 

How good can RT be? Probably best case is a solid starter/game manager who can win with a supporting cast that helps him. 

7 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Tannehill is an NFL starting QB, Mariota isn't. 

How good can RT be? Probably best case is a solid starter/game manager who can win with a supporting cast that helps him. 

Like an Andy Dalton?

23 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Like an Andy Dalton?

I'd say Dalton is more boom or bust, while Tannehill is relatively solid.  Keep the opponent's score at 25 or less, let him manage things, and he'll win those games as often as anyone and play really well.  We've seen it first-hand, winning two games under such circumstances and him having a 110 QB rating, and losing the one where the defense struggled (though the players around him screwed the offense over). 

Ultimately, you want a QB who can overcome even a bad defense On a decent basis.  I'm not saying that he can't put up great numbers under the right circumstances, but we haven't seen it and that's ultimately what Miami needed.  But a QB who doesn't lose you games and wins when the defense gives him a chance is an asset.

Edited by abc2330