Sign in to follow this  
MIKE75

Vrabel Isn't The HC Titans Need To Win

Sorry if others feel different but i don't think Vrabel is a good HC and i think he takes to many unneccessary gambles not to mention terrible in game and clock management.

Don't get me wrong i really like JRob and all BUT it looks like our GM threw his support behind the wrong guy. Maybe in the future he gets better but i just dont see it.

In fact i think Mularkey is a better HC and who knows what might be different if he had gotten a new OC.

Anyway i think Vrabel is in over his head. 

The Camaraderie doesnt seem to be there either like it once was with the team and certain players that used to always be happy seem to be different including Delanie Walker.

Also the players seemed to not be giving full effort, losing focus and are missing simple assignments and plays on the field.

Edited by MIKE75

3 hours ago, nine said:

It’s definitely a strange situation.   In year one, Vrabel came across as a savvy, highly prepared coach who was excellent with clock management and in-game decisions.    

But instead of showing improvement  in year two, it’s like he bought into his own hype from last year...now he’s an overconfident meathead coach making one ill-advised, poorly-conceived  decision after another.  

I was very optimistic about Vrabel after his first season as HC...but year 2 has been a mess.  And I’m afraid his personality might not allow him to recognize when he’s contributing to the team’s issues rather than fixing them. 

Pretty accurate summary.

Our losses, the vast majority of pain, is LG, overall line play, QB, and kicker. Yes, Vrabel has made some dumb, overly aggressive choices. Honestly we're probably 6-3 with a average kicker. How many other teams have missed so many FG/extra points? 

And then Lewan. 

Those problems far outweigh any negative that can be put on Vrabel. 

On 11/5/2019 at 11:38 AM, SleepingTitan said:

Our losses, the vast majority of pain, is LG, overall line play, QB, and kicker. Yes, Vrabel has made some dumb, overly aggressive choices. Honestly we're probably 6-3 with a average kicker. How many other teams have missed so many FG/extra points? 

And then Lewan. 

Those problems far outweigh any negative that can be put on Vrabel. 

We've already matched the previous franchise high (since Nashville move) in missed field goals, with 7 games remaining. 

8 hours ago, Jonboy said:

How about the fact that most of the starters are playing below expectations and the talent isn't being maximized?

On 11/5/2019 at 8:34 AM, nine said:

It’s definitely a strange situation.   In year one, Vrabel came across as a savvy, highly prepared coach who was excellent with clock management and in-game decisions.    

But instead of showing improvement  in year two, it’s like he bought into his own hype from last year...now he’s an overconfident meathead coach making one ill-advised, poorly-conceived  decision after another.  

I was very optimistic about Vrabel after his first season as HC...but year 2 has been a mess.  And I’m afraid his personality might not allow him to recognize when he’s contributing to the team’s issues rather than fixing them. 

He needs an intervention with the likes of HOF COACHES like Shula .Madden...the big tuna...Joe Gibbs just to mention a few to tell him how to be a better coach in all aspects of the game!!!

I’ll say the team in 2017 was better, but this 2019 team has much more talent.

At this point that’s inarguable, and as such I don’t know how to interpret this season as anything other than an indictment on Vrabel. 

On 11/5/2019 at 6:23 AM, MIKE75 said:

Sorry if others feel different but i don't think Vrabel is a good HC and i think he takes to many unneccessary gambles not to mention terrible in game and clock management.

Don't get me wrong i really like JRob and all BUT it looks like our GM threw his support behind the wrong guy. Maybe in the future he gets better but i just dont see it.

In fact i think Mularkey is a better HC and who knows what might be different if he had gotten a new OC.

Anyway i think Vrabel is in over his head. 

The Camaraderie doesnt seem to be there either like it once was with the team and certain players that used to always be happy seem to be different including Delanie Walker.

Also the players seemed to not be giving full effort, losing focus and are missing simple assignments and plays on the field.

Jrob drafted and signed the talent Vrabel is working with. The guard situation is a huge part of the problem. Davis has bo business being out there. Stupid move by jrob.

You guys get on my fucking nerves. Couple games ago some of you were talking about how we're gonna lose Arthur Smith to a HC role. Now you want him fired. Vrabel fired. Jrob fired. Lol over what?

Missed field goals. Almost all of our ails can be traced to missed field goals. Just chillllllllllllll