Titans Going Forward

Number9

8 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

The Titans have some issues on offense to figure out the rest of the season. 

Priority one is Tannehill, should he be signed and should he be the starting QB in 2020? They'll have to decide this before the draft. Unless the Titans end up with 4 or 5 wins I don't think they'll be in position to get one of the top QBs. 

Next they have to decide what to do with Derrick Henry. I'd personally move on to a more well rounded complete RB. Robinson seems to like him more than that. 

The Titans also have to decide after the season about Corey Davis and the 5th year option. WTF are they going to do here? Either Robinson is a moron for drafting him 5th or the staff has grossly underutilized him. I lean towards both, you don't draft a WR in the top 5 and if you do then use him, feature him. 

They also have to likely sign Conklin. Can they afford to have another hole at OT? Especially considering Lewan looks like an average at best LT w/o the juice. 

I'd probably sign Tannehill, let Henry walk. I've already said I'd love to draft D'Andre Swift, There are better RBs in free agency anyway. I'd try and trade Davis and sign Conklin to an extension barring a collapse down the stretch. They may even have to franchise Conklin. 

It's just really fucked up on offense at this point.  I would add that they might be in position to trade up for a qb, draft order pending.  I get the feeling that they'll resign Henry.  I'd just pick up Davis' option I guess.   They also have to figure out what to do at RG too.  What kind of competition do they bring in for Nate Davis there?  The entire thing hinges on what happens at QB in FA.  I'd bet that there will be some competition in FA for Tannehill as well.  

And they have defensive players/issues to resolve as well.  JR is going to have a lot to do.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s not a new era...it’s the same old era.  Solid defense with a scrub QB and an offense that wants to live in the 70s.  We need an offensive minded coach, and it was a mistake to hire Vrabel over La

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.   Until the Titans break away from this run first/ball security/play good defense phi

The new era started when Vrabel was hired and he is now 13-12.  This week against the Panthers wasn't just another loss.  It was the type of performance you typically see when players mentally check o

Posted Images

4 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Another issue moving forward:

HPmp1ht.jpg

Stop. Sucking. Country. Music's. Pecker.

I don't care if we are in the Country mecca of the world. There's other kinds of music in the panacea to fill that need and plenty of it is represented in the general era. I'm not even really a fan of these guys, but Kings Of Leon for example live right down the fucking road. They'd at least be something different. Plus it'd be funny to watch the Midday180 guys fill the stadium with baby batter to see their boys out there making noise.

There are at least 5 other bands here that I'd rather see..Black Keyes, Joe Bonamassa, Keb Mo, Sheryl Crowe, and Justin Timberlake

For two years I've been saying that letting Henry go was the smart decision but now I shudder to picture this offense without him if we swing and miss on drafting/acquiring his replacement. Like imagine what this offense would look like right now if Henry got a season ending injury today. It's nauseating. And before people jump to say, RBs are easy to replace, let me remind you that we took Bishop Sankey high in the second and paid both Dexter McCluster and Shonn Greene good money in FA

Edited by Mythos27

30 minutes ago, Nash said:

There are at least 5 other bands here that I'd rather see..Black Keyes, Joe Bonamassa, Keb Mo, Sheryl Crowe, and Justin Timberlake

I didn't know Bonamassa lived here now. Interesting. Sheryl Crow would be a great get, although idk if her music fits a football game. You can have Timberlake and Black Keyes though. Especially The Black Keyes. I can't stand that band, but to each their own.

3 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Bonamassa

He would please most everybody.  The Titans would be smart to have at least one performer(s) from each of the top four genre.  All these people moving here are coming for just one kind of music.

But what they really need is a plan to win games.  They need to score more points.

https://medium.com/the-hit-job/15-best-nfl-coaching-staff-ranking-2018-football-belichick-mcvay-reid-payton-286c47ce46f2  15 best coaching staff Dec. 2018

15. Tennessee Titans

I would’ve ranked the Titans staff higher in the preseason, but they’ve underwhelmed this fall. The jury is out on head coach Mike Vrabel, and I expected so much more from Matt LaFleur’s offense — though it’s hard to penalize him when the centerpiece of the offense Marcus Mariota hurt his elbow Week 1 and has not been right all season. Dean Pees leads the defense after many successful years in Baltimore, and this staff while inconsistent has the Titans right back in the playoff hunt.

Vrabel is in his second season and has had an uphill battle to begin his first and second season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000449402/article/changing-coaches-makes-developing-nfl-talent-more-difficult

"I think it has a tremendous effect on them," said one veteran offensive coordinator. "Players are drafted by coaches and the personnel staff for a reason -- they met a schematic element those guys had in mind. Most NFL coaches are good at developing people and players, but say that shift comes, then the new coach doesn't like something about the fit with a guy. There's no benefit of the doubt anymore, because he didn't draft him. So he's not getting better anymore."

The GM continued: "These kids are at their best when they're playing fast, when they're reacting. You can apply that to anyone in their job -- if you have to think too much, it slows you down. Then you take the lack of an offseason, there's too much time off, that's affecting the kid's ability to do his job. Now, if you keep changing scheme, add that to less time in the offseason, and they're constantly thinking instead of reacting."

____---___

Those are just a couple of excerpts from the article.  There are tons of articles saying the same thing.  Lots of good points in the article that relate to the Titans coaching carousel, three HC in six years.  There are tons of opinion pieces saying the same thing.  Bad organizations change coaches often.  Bad organizations lose a lot of games.  The Titans have such a bad ownership situation the NFL tried to make them sell the team.  If you fire Vrabel, them JRob gets his marching orders the next season, two if he's lucky.  Next, new GM and shinny new HC.  

Edited by Number9

3 minutes ago, Number9 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000449402/article/changing-coaches-makes-developing-nfl-talent-more-difficult

"I think it has a tremendous effect on them," said one veteran offensive coordinator. "Players are drafted by coaches and the personnel staff for a reason -- they met a schematic element those guys had in mind. Most NFL coaches are good at developing people and players, but say that shift comes, then the new coach doesn't like something about the fit with a guy. There's no benefit of the doubt anymore, because he didn't draft him. So he's not getting better anymore."

The GM continued: "These kids are at their best when they're playing fast, when they're reacting. You can apply that to anyone in their job -- if you have to think too much, it slows you down. Then you take the lack of an offseason, there's too much time off, that's affecting the kid's ability to do his job. Now, if you keep changing scheme, add that to less time in the offseason, and they're constantly thinking instead of reacting."

____---___

Those are just a couple of excerpts from the article.  There are tons of articles saying the same thing.  Lots of good points in the article that relate to the Titans coaching carousel, three HC in six years.  There are tons of opinion pieces saying the same thing.  Bad organizations change coaches often.  Bad organizations lose a lot of games.  The Titans have such a bad ownership situation the NFL tried to make them sell the team.  If you fire Vrabel, them JRob gets his marching orders the next season, two if he's lucky.  Next, new GM and shinny new HC.  

The deal where they can't do anything for 2 months following the season in terms of coach - player interaction is pretty absurd given the salaries these guys make; especially when the elite veteran players who know the drill are putting in the time. That's the very time period where a young guy coming off their first or second season who needs the work should be getting individual attention. 

How does the musical entertainment have anything to do with the OP?  People don't go to games to see who performs the national anthem or halftime shows.  It's only significant for some at the Super Bowl.

The focus needs to be on the on field product.  Either win a lot or be exciting and competitive.  Boring and mediocre won't fill the stands.

2 hours ago, BudAdams said:

How does the musical entertainment have anything to do with the OP?  People don't go to games to see who performs the national anthem or halftime shows.  It's only significant for some at the Super Bowl.

The focus needs to be on the on field product.  Either win a lot or be exciting and competitive.  Boring and mediocre won't fill the stands.

It's actually hard to get into the stadium in time to see any pregame stuff. if the Titans truly want to improve the game day experience, they need to buy or lease some of the adjoining land to the stadium and open up parking relatively near to the stadium for non club ticket holders and go back to the old traffic pattern where Shelby Street was closed on gameday so it was an easy walk from those adjoining lots. Making your fans park across the river where it takes 45 minutes and a long walk to get to the stadium and through security along with mediocre product on the field is why there is a  problem with local support.

On 11/5/2019 at 11:11 AM, cenj said:

As of right now, I'd re-sign Tannehill. He's a guy you can win with right now, and I don't want Vrabel developing a rookie QB. Draft a new QB when Vrabel is fired and we hire an offensive minded coach. I don't believe JRob has the balls to fire Vrabel yet -- his future is tied to him.

And Vrabel has some answering to do himself. He's the one who drafted and signed this OL. He signed Lewis and didn't upgrade. He took C Davis #5 overall when many of us said that it wasn't worth that slot. He had a haul from the trade back and a few years into it, he's made some really bad decisions and some really good decisions (Simmons looks good, Byard, J. Brown). He seems to do better in the middle rounds.

Lots of good points however I'd argue GMs routinely get 2 HC hires but rarely get more than one QB. Point being jrob cam move on from Vrabel if needed.