Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

Pro Choice is sexist

Have you ever heard anyone defend a would be father who walked out on his pregnant gf because he didn't want to be a father?

I haven't. I've heard them get blasted over and over. Being called boys and how they aren't men. Get blamed for not being around to help raise the child. 

But, if he very clearly states he doesnt want a baby and asks the woman for an abortion and she declines, why does he not get the same support as a female who would choose to abort her baby even if the father wants it?

When a guy doesn't want a baby, females are quick to "you didnt have a problem when you were on top of me". "I didn't make this baby by myself!". Yet if she doesn't want it and the father does, then there is nothing to say because what she wants is final.

Why does it seem guys are held to a higher standard when it comes to baby making and what comes after than the ones yelling "my body, my choice!".

The link below explains how even if a father (or any parent) wants to give up their rights, it's not that easy as signing a piece of paper saying you're no longer responsible for that child. So a man can claim he doesn't want to be a father, yet it is up to the mother (deciding on abortion or not) and a judge (deciding on what's best for the child) more than it is up to the would be father. Whereas, it's only up to a woman if she chooses to not be that parent. And nobody else has a say on what's best for the child....

https://apeopleschoice.com/give-up-parental-rights-voluntary-termination/

Let's also not forget how we seem to be progressing to an "all things equal, all men and women are equal" society. Why isn't pro choice equal? Its ok for a woman to make the same dumb mistake the guy did. But when one doesnt want it, it's ok, an easy fix. When the other doesnt want it, he's a pos. 

So why is it men don't get the same pass/protection when it comes to their choice to be or not be a parent?

Why are those who are constantly crying about sexism, choose to hold sexist views or commit sexist acts when they feel they are in the position of power?

I know the usual suspects will choose to shit on this and try and make it more about abortion because I've been vocal on it and is closely related, but this is a serious topic/question on someones right to choose and what exactly 'pro choice' is. Pro Choice is very clearly only about protecting women and their choices and not a man's. 

They are both free to "make a mistake" by getting pregnant, yet only one is free to decide if they want the responsibility of being a parent or not. 

It's time to call it what it is. It's not Pro Choice, its pro female choice. And it's sexism at it's finest.

Edited by JakePA_Titan

That's true.   From a lefty's point of view, a man should be able to walk away free and clear is he wants to.   It is his life and money, right?  As for now, a woman could have 10 guys tested for paternity because she banged that many.   The one who is found to be the father then has to pay 18 years of child support.  I dont think the courts can make him spend time with the kid.

5 hours ago, Little Earl said:

That's true.   

Actually, I tend to agree it is unfair to a potential father that he has no say in the matter.  

From a lefty's point of view, a man should be able to walk away free and clear is he wants to.   It is his life and money, right?  

Completely false.  I have heard of no instance in which the father escapes child support by law, or even the mother if circumstances dictate.  Totally emotionally driven "want to be the case". 

As for now, a woman could have 10 guys tested for paternity because she banged that many.   The one who is found to be the father then has to pay 18 years of child support.  I dont think the courts can make him spend time with the kid.

This seems completely opposite of the previous comment.  Can you name one single instance in which the guy didn't have to pay child support via the courts?  

Do you have a problem with a father paying child support? 

Of course the courts can't force a father to spend time with a kid.  But they can force him to pay child support.  

Your position is confusing.  What is it you actually believe? 

Edited by Rogue

6 hours ago, reo said:

Bc it's her body, her choice. A guy doesn't get a say in what a woman does to her body.

You missed the point. Where did I say a guy has the right to force a woman to do anything?

Here was my question....

Why does a woman get a say in who has to be a father? And how is that fair or equal?

Why can't a man choose whether he is responsible or not?

6 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

This isn’t complicated to anyone with even a few functioning brain cells. 

You obviously don't understand the argument. 

Men don't have a right to choose whether they want the responsibility of being a father or not....how is that not a civil rights issue?

1 hour ago, WG53 said:

Just another attempt to play the victim. 

Like the woman who get pregnant and say it's not their fault they are?

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

Always. It's the background music of the Trump era.  

Again, why isn't a man allowed to choose whether he should bare the responsibility of being a father if a woman can?

A woman choosing to have the child should not obligate the father to be responsible for that child.

Yall sit here and say a man can't force a woman...yet at the same time defending the actions of woman forcing a man....

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

They are just a blizzard full of snowflakes...

Ouch. How original. 

1 hour ago, Rogue said:

Actually, I tend to agree it is unfair to a potential father that he has no say in the matter.  

I'm glad to see someone isn't completely blinded by their political differences towards one side and can see the issue here. 

Completely false.  I have heard of no instance in which the father escapes child support by law, or even the mother if circumstances dictate.  Totally emotionally driven "want to be the case". 

This seems completely opposite of the previous comment.  Can you name one single instance in which the guy didn't have to pay child support via the courts?  

My brothers gf was fucking someone other than him. She got pregnant and as far as my brother knew, it was his. He didn't know about the other guy until the child was 2. Then through testing found out it wasn't his blood. Being that he already assumed responsibility, it was very easy for the biological dad to give up his rights. 

I'm sure that isn't the exact situation you're implying, but there are situations where the biological dad/parent "escapes" child support. 

Do you have a problem with a father paying child support? 

Only if he doesn't want to be the father and is forced to. If he doesn't want the responsibility, he shouldn't be subjected to it financially.

If he tells the woman he won't be there for the kid at an early stage of pregnancy, and she still goes through with the pregnancy, she is knowingly going at it alone. That should be on her. It sucks, but it will/should teach ppl to be smarter about who they sleep with and whether they use protection or not. How else can we get ppl/kids back on the right track of seeing how creating babies is a serious situation?  Obviously the scare of STDs is not helping....To sit here an act as if abortion should be looked at as a normal act is really screwed up. 

Of course the courts can't force a father to spend time with a kid.  But they can force him to pay child support.  

Which is BS. 

Your position is confusing.  What is it you actually believe? 

Outside of being able to force a woman to have an abortion, he should have his own individual choice on whether he assumes responsibility of that child. If a woman can throw away the kid for a lack of better phrasing, a guy should be able to as well. 

It's not about forcing the woman to do anything. It's about having the freedom to make a personal choice based on what's right for him, just as females get to do. 

Some females get away with "it's better for the baby just to die because I'm poor and/or Im not ready to raise it". So why can't a guy say "it's best I'm not a father because I'd be a terrible influence and Im not capable of raising a child". But as you said, a judge will say fine, but your money is still good enough to raise it. Boom, $400 a month. 

This response to your post isn't necessarily directed at you seeing as how you actually seem willing to acknowledge there is a difference here. But I used your words to help clarify my thoughts on the matter. 

Edited by JakePA_Titan

6 hours ago, Little Earl said:

That's true.   From a lefty's point of view, a man should be able to walk away free and clear is he wants to.   It is his life and money, right?  As for now, a woman could have 10 guys tested for paternity because she banged that many.   The one who is found to be the father then has to pay 18 years of child support.  I dont think the courts can make him spend time with the kid.

its not a left/right point of view... 

but if you want to take it that way... the right is far more likely to push for required payment. 

i dont think men should have to pay child support. if they sign of that they dont want the baby. 

but they should possibly be forced into a restraining order situation where they can never contact the baby or mom until the child is 18. 

if they want the baby... well.. tough titties. 

13 minutes ago, titanruss said:

its not a left/right point of view... 

but if you want to take it that way... the right is far more likely to push for required payment. 

i dont think men should have to pay child support. if they sign of that they dont want the baby. 

but they should possibly be forced into a restraining order situation where they can never contact the baby or mom until the child is 18. 

if they want the baby... well.. tough titties. 

I don't understand the restraining order part if it's just because. 

My only issue with it is if the guy hasn't shown a violent nature and doesn't want to be there, what's the point of filing restraining order paperwork which could delay more serious situations in which one is required?

Just seems unnecessary. Plus, whether it be the mother or father who gives up rights, they should also have the choice to change their mind if the other parent is accepting of that. In which case, more unnecessary paperwork to reverse the restraining order. 

Edited by JakePA_Titan

Now it's pathetic Jake instead of simple.

Thinks anecdotal evidence from his family's life is the norm.

You misogynist piece of shit. If you knock a girl up then guess what? You have a personal responsibility for the upbringing of a life you helped to bring into the world. Period. 

You conservatives act like you are all about personal responsibility until you are the person bearing the responsibility.

Edited by WG53

6 hours ago, WG53 said:

Now it's pathetic Jake instead of simple.

Thinks anecdotal evidence from his family's life is the norm.

You misogynist piece of shit. If you knock a girl up then guess what? You have a personal responsibility for the upbringing of a life you helped to bring into the world. Period. 

You conservatives act like you are all about personal responsibility until you are the person bearing the responsibility.

If you believe that then why are you a democrat? That is the number one problem in the black community.