Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

Panthers Recap Thread

Look guys. I didn’t watch the game but judging by the box score Succup missed 2 makable FGs. That would make the score 26-30. That’s a decent chunk of points and the game goes differently if those 2 are made. It’s a pretty unlucky turn of events. 

I don’t think the Panthers are a bad team either. They’ve beat up on some good teams this year. Unfortunately, the colts, chiefs, Texans, and Saints are all as good or better. Playoffs aren’t happening for us this year. Some of that is bad luck with injuries and strength of schedule. Some of it is starting Mariota for 6 games. 

Vrabel isn’t getting fired. Him and JRob will probably have a top to bottom evaluation of all the coordinators and position coaches this offseason. JRob is fighting for his job as well and will not allow Keith Carter to remain on this staff. Same is probably true for Art Smith. 

edit: at this rate we will probably end up some where between 6-10 to 9-7. This gives us an opportunity to trade up in the first and grab a QBOF if there’s one we have identified. I think we as fans just have to accept that this has been a wasted year. These kind of seasons have happened for lots of teams over the years. Sometimes it leads to teams getting guys like Mahomes or Jackson or Watson. Trying to fire a coach after one middling season isn’t a good way to govern. I think Vrabel gets at least next season and probably the year after that barring a total disaster of a season.

Edited by Thrill

Why is Lewis ever in the game?

Wtf is wrong with Lewan?

Wtf can teams do simple pass to known rb pass catchers in red zone?

Why are we playing so much zone?

Why can't we shut down one dimensional teams?

Is there really nobody out there who can kick a field goal for $1mil/yr?

How has online coach kept his job?

Why aren't we interviewing OC's right now? Kickers? Oline coaches? Special teams?

The funny thing is the team is still projected to go 7-9 by 538 and I bet the same by ESPN FPI on Wednesday. That’s basically been the projection all year. 

What was clearly wrong was the idea that it was all the QB. 

It’s more like what I was saying in the offseason. RT is not going to lead to much more if any wins over the course of a season so you go with the guy who has “potential.”

I also said if Mariota didn’t turn it around it was basically all over and we are pretty much looking at a rebuild. 

Kinda seems like that on offense at least. 

That mcaffrey td catch was a broken play. They happen. How many can you say our d has had all year, 3?

That was a poor reaction by the d where two of our guys picked themselves. That stuff happens and it sucks, but that shouldn't be a indictment on our d since it hardly ever happens.

55 minutes ago, Callidus said:

That mcaffrey td catch was a broken play. They happen. How many can you say our d has had all year, 3?

That was a poor reaction by the d where two of our guys picked themselves. That stuff happens and it sucks, but that shouldn't be a indictment on our d since it hardly ever happens.

But in many games the D has given up long runs for TDs. This week was no different. Can't give teams easy scores like this.

53 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

But in many games the D has given up long runs for TDs. This week was no different. Can't give teams easy scores like this.

I dont want 2 get into a argument here. But name the plays beside that one this week the d just totally messed up thier assignments. And we arnt talking a cloae play where a tackle gets missed and they gain a big play because of it.

9 hours ago, Callidus said:

I dont want 2 get into a argument here. But name the plays beside that one this week the d just totally messed up thier assignments. And we arnt talking a cloae play where a tackle gets missed and they gain a big play because of it.

I don't make notes. But I do remember several teams breaking off long runs at the end of games. I'm sure someone else on here does too.

1 hour ago, JoelinBellevue said:

I don't make notes. But I do remember several teams breaking off long runs at the end of games. I'm sure someone else on here does too.

With out researching, off the top of my head (iirc) we gave up long TD runs to the Jags and Colts to help them close us out. 

Edited by Mythos27