AussieTitanFan08

Chiefs Week Discussion

On 11/4/2019 at 4:53 PM, Jeff.Fisher said:

I will be combing my mustache and charging my phone by halftime...

I will also be handing out "bring fisher back" signs at the gate

You might wanna start checking real estate in Las Vegas or San Diego (LA). Your choice!

Edited by SleepingTitan

Anybody listen to this weeks football and other F words? The guys had a super reactionary take this week. Kind of hilarious when they act like they’re super impartial almost non fans.

Simmons was added to the injury report with a hamstring injury. 

Geez, man. One more loss and it kinda feels like we should start shutting some guys down for the year.

15 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Simmons was added to the injury report with a hamstring injury. 

Geez, man. One more loss and it kinda feels like we should start shutting some guys down for the year.

We're really in a bad way injury-wise. 

It's looking like we may be missing Corey Davis and Jayon Brown both this week, but hopefully one or both practice tomorrow. 

Can you imagine how ugly this game could get if the defense goes without Butler/Casey/Brown/Simmons and Landry plays but is limited with a shoulder injury.

Regarding Simmons it isn't uncommon for athletes returning from ACL surgery where the hamstring tendon is used in the ACL repair to have subsequent hamstring issues.

32 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Fall to 4-6 overall record and a 2-5 AFC record and the season is over if it wasn't already before this upcoming Chiefs game.

Could certainly see JRob start shutting guys like Casey/Simmons/Brown down to get right for next season, also have to keep an eye on the guys who will likely be cut this offseason Walker/Lewis maybe Wake, can't afford for them to get injured.

6 hours ago, Thrill said:

Anybody listen to this weeks football and other F words? The guys had a super reactionary take this week. Kind of hilarious when they act like they’re super impartial almost non fans.

I heard it, it was pretty hilarious 

Herndon had a pretty reasonable take 

They wouldnt shut anyone down until the last game or two if at all. 

16 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Fall to 4-6 overall record and a 2-5 AFC record and the season is over if it wasn't already before this upcoming Chiefs game.

Could certainly see JRob start shutting guys like Casey/Simmons/Brown down to get right for next season, also have to keep an eye on the guys who will likely be cut this offseason Walker/Lewis maybe Wake, can't afford for them to get injured.

The #1 priority for Vrabel is to win more games.

50 minutes ago, ctm said:

The #1 priority for Vrabel is to win more games.

Yup. All the talk of shutting down players at 4-6 is silly and will further divide the locker room. As far fetched as it is you can still make the playoffs at 9 or 10 wins and the late season run is one of of the things that makes the NFL so watchable. They likely arent shutting anyone down until they get to 8 or 9 losses.

To have any hope whatsoever of winning this game, the Titans need ground and pound and ride Henry regardless of early results. It is absolutely imperative that we win TOP in this game. The teams that have been them have done it by running the ball for 120+ yards and winning TOP. 

The defense will get totally obliterated if they're missing Casey, Simmons, Butler, Jayon Brown. Those are critical positions against this Chiefs team especially.  If they have to stay on the field for any length of time, we'll get destroyed.

They need to blitz the shit out of Mahommes from every direction and try to confuse him with coverages and make him see ghosts. If we ever play man at all in this game, it better be Adoree on Tyreek Hill. 

This is one of those games where I hope in practice the entire 1st and 2nd down practices this week were running the football and then the third down package was running some screens to Henry. 

34 minutes ago, tgo said:

This is one of those games where I hope in practice the entire 1st and 2nd down practices this week were running the football and then the third down package was running some screens to Henry. 

I’ve been waiting all year to see a Jack Del Dio/Jeff Fisher style run on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down sequence. That’s about as fun as a run game can get when you start converting despite the defense knowing the run is coming.

With our OLine woes I’m pretty disappointed at how rarely we’ve used Kelly as a 6th OL.