Sounds like Logan Ryan will test his FA value this offseason

AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Listening to that interview today i'm not sure JRob had any chance getting Ryan to sign an extension before he had the chance to test FA.

Could very well be that they feel they have Ryan's replacement already on the roster in Hooker: https://titansized.com/2019/06/27/amani-hooker-tennessee-titans-10-million-draft-pick/

Just franchise tag him if need be.    I heard the interview earlier too and it came across the same way. It could be that he’s just driving a hard bargain for upcoming talks, but I bet he te

59 minutes ago, japan said:

How could the franchise tag be higher than the highest paid DB?

Technically it is the value of the franchise tag this season, not next season. It could go down. 

Also, Howard has the biggest overall contract on paper for the life of the contract. He isn’t actually the highest paid. 

4 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

Not QB at least some percentage lmfao?

0% that Jrob uses a 1st round on a QB to get the bottom tier. I think he will sign Tannehill and/or bring in a vet plus draft a development guy.

Should have drafted Minshew -- which I made two posts about. 

10 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

0% that Jrob uses a 1st round on a QB to get the bottom tier. I think he will sign Tannehill and/or bring in a vet plus draft a development guy.

Should have drafted Minshew -- which I made two posts about. 

Wat? Bottom Tier? Watson was the 3rd QB taken and at 12, Rodgers dropped to 26, countless other underdrafted QBs.

No way there is 0 percent chance Jrob will see no QB of value past the first 2-3 is silly. Teams mess up all the time. What makes you think the Phins and Bengals are going to pick the actual top 2 QBs?

Edited by TheBukafax

42 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

Wat? Bottom Tier? Watson was the 3rd QB taken and at 12, Rodgers dropped to 26, countless other underdrafted QBs.

No way there is 0 percent chance Jrob will see no QB of value past the first 2-3 is silly. Teams mess up all the time. What makes you think the Phins and Bengals are going to pick the actual top 2 QBs?

It happens every year. Run on QBs. That leaves behind a lot of value for .500 teams like us. I don't think Jrob wants to waste this team he's built on building a QB. Yeah, we could get lucky, but why roll the dice? 

You can name a ton of exceptions to any chance event--in hindsight. The truth is, if those teams knew what QB they could have had, none of those QB's would have made it beyond pick #1. In some positions, the bust rate is a lot less. And we KNOW that you can find a hall of fame QB in the 6th. Roll your dice where the cost of the bet is cheaper -- increases expected value. 

1 minute ago, SleepingTitan said:

It happens every year. Run on QBs. That leaves behind a lot of value for .500 teams like us. I don't think Jrob wants to waste this team he's built on building a QB. Yeah, we could get lucky, but why roll the dice? 

You can name a ton of exceptions to any chance event--in hindsight. The truth is, if those teams knew what QB they could have had, none of those QB's would have made it beyond pick #1. In some positions, the bust rate is a lot less. And we KNOW that you can find a hall of fame QB in the 6th. Roll your dice where the cost of the bet is cheaper -- increases expected value. 

Yeah we know that....

The more I think about it I’m almost positive that we go QB early regardless of what Tannehill looks like. Would be inexcusable to go into next season with just Tannehill and a stiff backing him up. Deep QB class. And is JRob going to want to pin his job to a mid round QB?

1 minute ago, japan said:

Yeah we know that....

The more I think about it I’m almost positive that we go QB early regardless of what Tannehill looks like. Would be inexcusable to go into next season with just Tannehill and a stiff backing him up. Deep QB class. And is JRob going to want to pin his job to a mid round QB?

Jrob is safe for a long time. 

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

Exactly. Did something change? You used to have to tag a player 2 or 3 times to exceed the average of the 5 highest players at the position.

Yeah pretty weird. No corner in the NFL has a cap hit in 2019 that exceeds 16M

14 hours ago, ctm said:

2020 depth chart:

QB:

RB: Lewis*

TE:  Smith, Walker*

WR: Davis, Brown, Humphries, Raymond

OL: Lewan, Stafford, Jones, Davis, Douglas, Stinnie,

DL:  Casey, Simmons, Jones, Mack

OLB: Wake, Landry, Finch, Walker

ILB, Evans, Brown, Long

CB:  Jackson, Butler

S: Byard, Vaccaro, Hooker, Cruikshank

ST:  Succop, Kern, Brinkley

*possible cut

Total: 33 (including 2 possible cuts)

Does that answer your question?

Hahaha no. We have the draft and free agency. Signing Henry for too much will leave too many other holes...

I don’t think Logan Ryan not resigning gives Derrick Henry any more leverage. That’s the point I’m trying to make.

1 hour ago, SleepingTitan said:

Jrob is safe for a long time. 

While he definitely safe and the people saying he was on thin ice this season (or even next) were crazy, he does need to start the clock now on his QB. He’ll get two to three years minimum after making his ‘QB of the future’ pick in offseason. 

Edited by japan

I think its time we started playing the comp pick game.  Just think of the comp picks we could get if we lost Henry, Conklin, Ryan and Mariota.  I'm just afraid JRob would get acute withdrawal and fold if he had to stop signing free agents.  On the other hand, we are so depleted of draft picks that we need to sign our free agents in order to have a functional  team.  Never mind.