Sounds like Logan Ryan will test his FA value this offseason

AussieTitanFan08

Just finished listening to that Logan Ryan interview on the Ian Rapoport podcast, the very final question was about his expiring contract and what the future holds for him, basically said there was nothing happening contract extension wise right now as he wanted to focus on this year and trying to win the division.

He also believed players have earned the right to test their value in FA and to set the market at their position.

I know some people have been critical of JRob for not extending Ryan already but the impression I got from this interview was that he clearly wants to test his value on the open market in the offseason and had no interest in signing an extension right now.

Going to be really interesting to see watch what happens with Ryan this offseason now.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Listening to that interview today i'm not sure JRob had any chance getting Ryan to sign an extension before he had the chance to test FA.

Could very well be that they feel they have Ryan's replacement already on the roster in Hooker: https://titansized.com/2019/06/27/amani-hooker-tennessee-titans-10-million-draft-pick/

Just franchise tag him if need be.    I heard the interview earlier too and it came across the same way. It could be that he’s just driving a hard bargain for upcoming talks, but I bet he te

Would be a huge loss but JRob has potentially a ton of big contracts to pay this offseason. 

Judging from his interviews he’ll definitely try to get the most money he can and go wherever that is. He’s no nonsense and all about the money lol

I'd been thinking about posting that I was getting worried about the lack of action on his contract.

If he leaves, it will be a big problem on the field and severely complicate the off season. Vrabel should be worried.  He can't stand a major hit to the defense in 2020 with all the other free agents, both quality and quantity, the teams has to deal with. 

What it means is that Tannehill, Conklin and maybe Henry have more leverage in contract negotiations.  If Ryan leaves, the team can't afford more holes.  There are only so many draft picks where you can find immediate starters.

2 minutes ago, ctm said:

What it means is that Tannehill, Conklin and maybe Henry have more leverage in contract negotiations.  If Ryan leaves, the team can't afford more holes.  There are only so many draft picks where you can find immediate starters.

Sure, they can't afford more holes if they are trying to keep winning 7-9 games a season and never really compete for a championship into perpetuity.

At some point they will need to address the QB position long term.

I was saying over the offseason we could be looking at a rebuild if Mariota didn’t suddenly turn it around given how many starters and role players we have up. 

Even if we bring them back under more expensive contracts all that does is tread water. 

We need something to move the needle. 

1 minute ago, abenjami said:

Sure, they can't afford more holes if they are trying to keep winning 7-9 games a season and never really compete for a championship into perpetuity.

At some point they will need to address the QB position long term.

Agreed, but Vrabel may view the end of the 2020 season as long term.

1 minute ago, Titans279 said:

I was saying over the offseason we could be looking at a rebuild if Mariota didn’t suddenly turn it around given how many starters and role players we have up. 

Even if we bring them back under more expensive contracts all that does is tread water. 

We need something to move the needle. 

That's pretty much the issue I've been looking at for 2020.  At what position on the field will the Titans next year be better than this year, disregarding improvement of existing players?  What's the scenario where they get better?

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Other than QB, a change of offensive philosophy would be the biggest game changer for this franchise.

Not sure how that happens without firing Vrabel.  Unless he gets desperate by necessity.

14 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

Could very well be that they feel they have Ryan's replacement already on the roster in Hooker: https://titansized.com/2019/06/27/amani-hooker-tennessee-titans-10-million-draft-pick/

I like Hooker and even called for him to be the pick while the Titans were on the clock.  I'll also be surprise if he's as good in 2020 as Ryan.  Even if he is, losing Ryan still creates another hole on the depth chart when Hooker moves up.