Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Titansgoodluck

Who Feels Comfortable with this Offense?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, charleytolar said:

1. Two wins.

2. Fewer sacks

3. More downfield passing

... there's a start. 

Defense won both games.

 

Less skilled rushers and overall worse defenses.

 

Less success downfield than early 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Titansgoodluck said:

1. Defense won both games.

 

2. Less skilled rushers and overall worse defenses.

 

3. Less success downfield than early 

1. You mean because they fell on a ball that was snapped into Winston's face-mask while his head was turned?

 

2. Joey Bosa in SD and Jason Paul-Pierre are "less skilled"?  Tampa Bay has the #1 defense against the run.

 

3. Tannehill has yet to benefit from any monster YAC plays from AJ. I'm talking about balls thrown down the field, not a 5 yard slant with 35 yards YAC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

1. You mean because they fell on a ball that was snapped into Winston's face-mask while his head was turned?

 

2. Joey Bosa in SD and Jason Paul-Pierre are "less skilled"?  Tampa Bay has the #1 defense against the run.

 

3. Tannehill has yet to benefit from any monster YAC plays from AJ. I'm talking about balls thrown down the field, not a 5 yard slant with 35 yards YAC.

I mean because 2 drives with TD’s started within the 10.

 

And last ranked pass defense which is where we’re evaluating Tannehill.

 

You’re saying he had a good game last week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the offense. Gotta be a little more aggressive and not pick obvious plays (or dumb trick plays.) 

 

The oline has been hot garbage from a run and pass standpoint. Henry has gotta break a tackle to get past the line, and our QB's regardless of the QB are being disrupted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SleepingTitan said:

I like the offense. Gotta be a little more aggressive and not pick obvious plays (or dumb trick plays.) 

 

The oline has been hot garbage from a run and pass standpoint. Henry has gotta break a tackle to get past the line, and our QB's regardless of the QB are being disrupted. 

That happens when you run when it's expected and are constantly in 3rd and long.  Smith puts everyone in a position to fail because he's incompetent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Titansgoodluck said:

I mean because 2 drives with TD’s started within the 10.

 

And last ranked pass defense which is where we’re evaluating Tannehill.

 

You’re saying he had a good game last week?

If you read my first remark, I prefaced by saying at a glance. I think most Titan fans are just much more confident with Tannehill at the helm. I know under close scrutiny, there will be no statistical tidal wave to justify that feeling. The lack of statistical greatness is due to scheme not Tannehill but Mariota in the scheme didn't inspire the same kind of confidence.

 

... and the 3 TD passes against Cleveland by Mariota were a short slant to AJ and a 30 yard run to the house and a couple of 3 yard TD passes to Delanie Walker as I recall.

 

It's risky to stake any claim on such little information, but I roll with Tannehill.

 

These are all just opinions so don't get your panties in a wad...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...