Is Vrabel trying to get himself fired?

1 minute ago, japan said:

Well, the early line on the board was that the game plan was run heavy which it obviously wasn’t. The timing of the run calls were suspect. 

It was run heavy until they had to throw to take the lead in the 4th. How can you not understand this?

Edited by oldschool
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's why Vrabel is a goddamn moron:   There were 6 minutes left in the game, and Vrabel tried to run down the clock and play field positioning/trust his D. Two runs up the middle to Henry,

Do you think running on 1st and 2nd down on this drive was "putting the game away"? 

At some point it's not a stupid call, it's a stupid coach 

Posted Images

Just now, oldschool said:

What was the time of possession? How many total snaps did the offense have? This isnt hard...

Scine posted it. It was like 16 rushes to 33 passes. And it wasn’t like we were ever down so much that we had to throw nonstop in the second half. 

4 minutes ago, japan said:

Well, the early line on the board was that the game plan was run heavy which it obviously wasn’t. The timing of the run calls were suspect. 

Oh I just assumed most people were advanced enough to understand the timing of the runs is really the issue. Not total run/passes, LOL....jesus

Just now, OILERMAN said:

Oh I just assumed most people were advanced enough to understand the timing of the runs is really the issue. Not total run/passes, LOL....jesus

Well, I agree with that and you go back to the game thread to see me complain about the timing of the runs. But to call it a run heavy game plan is false. 

2 minutes ago, japan said:

But to call it a run heavy game plan is false. 

If some simpleton was trying to argue that the Titans actually ran more run plays than pass plays and that was their definition  of "run heavy" then sure. Of course no one was doing that but whatever

Scine is clearly the one with the agenda here. 

Titansfilm room and Mike Henrdon break down film and follow the offensive game plans as much as anyone and they disagree with scine 

4 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

If some simpleton was trying to argue that the Titans actually ran more run plays than pass plays and that was their definition  of "run heavy" then sure. Of course no one was doing that but whatever

Scine is clearly the one with the agenda here. 

Titansfilm room and Mike Henrdon break down film and follow the offensive game plans as much as anyone and they disagree with scine 

I agree that Smith has got to break the habit on 1st down.  But, when I hear 'run heavy' I expect to look at the stats and at least see the runs being close to the passes.

1 hour ago, scine09 said:

Maybe, maybe not.  When it doesn't work there's always going to be criticism.  That's just how it works.  If it was blocked better you'd have people saying wow Vrabel, what a great call.

And if they'd gone for it on 4th and 2 and didn't get it?  It would have been why don't you just kick the FG and get the full TD lead.

Again, you have a chance to put the game away you take it.  Every time.

"I know, we've got 3 guaranteed points.  But how about this?  Let's let the MVP punter run the ball and get tackled!  Maybe we get some points, maybe we don't - but they'll never see it coming!!!"