TitanHead

Mariota has been the problem

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

And what do you predict the record would have been with Tanny starting all games?

Its not a prediction, its an assumption. A prediction is your projection of future events that have yet to occur. An assumption is what you accept to be true without proof. 

If the Titans were to replay all 7 games again with Tanny as starter, I assume we'd be 4-3 with losses at Jax, Broncos, and Chargers. We'd still have a liability at kicker and we'd still have an underperforming O-Line. I assume we wouldn't make a miraculous goal-line fumble recovery against the Chargers and I also assume our kicker wouldn't miss 4 FGs against the Bills. 

15 minutes ago, Downtown said:

If the Titans were to replay all 7 games again with Tanny as starter, I assume we'd be 4-3 with losses at Jax, Broncos, and Chargers.

LOL, this is ridiculous. We know the SD outcome, a win. It's def a loss with MM though  

You were against the QB change early on and are trying to justify it I guess 

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

LOL, this is ridiculous. We know the SD outcome, a win. It's def a loss with MM though  

You were against the QB change early on and are trying to justify it I guess 

First off, you actually don't know the outcome, that's stupid. The entire scenario is a re-do. 

Also, this of all things is ridiculous?!? A theoretical and completely fantastical REPLAYING of games where you as a human being can't possibly know the outcome, yet purport to having omniscient knowledge of the "what-ifs?!"  Christ man, this is like arguing with an in-cel kid about whether or not a dragon in GOT can cover x nautical miles against an improbably-aerodynamic-defying-harpoon. 

And no, I was against the way they did the QB change, especially mid-game. You guys have been following this team for as long as I have. When have they ever shown you to be an entity that operates in the sole vacuum of winning games above all? We never spend our cap limit. We routinely aim for the bottom of coaching-pay. You're truly in a fantasy world if you think a small market team in a revenue-sharing league is concerned with winning above all. We're concerned with maintaining a narrative first and foremost, which is why you give your face of the franchise every chance possible to earn his keep. Its business, and no, winning isn't the sole goal in a small market, its a secondary goal overall.  That's just not how the NFL money works. You've got your head in the sand if you truly believe that. 

13 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

arguing hypothetical seasons is peak content

Claiming to already know the outcome of said hypothetical seasons is beyond even my wildest entertainment expectations. 

Just read this and you should know the future path of The Tennessee Titans in a nutshell. We don't even make close to what the Packers do in Merchandising and the only thing that could move the local revenue needle is a home playoff game. Tickets ultimately mean jack shit to this team when you can control the operating cost of the operation every damn season versus the bonus expectation of an addtional home playoff game. 

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/062515/how-nfl-makes-money.asp

27 minutes ago, Rogue said:

Pretty brutal video, and he tried being nice.  

I haven't read the thread, the video speaks for itself, but I'm assuming the homers are still hommering? 

Correct. 

2 hours ago, Downtown said:

Just read this and you should know the future path of The Tennessee Titans in a nutshell. We don't even make close to what the Packers do in Merchandising and the only thing that could move the local revenue needle is a home playoff game. Tickets ultimately mean jack shit to this team when you can control the operating cost of the operation every damn season versus the bonus expectation of an addtional home playoff game. 

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/062515/how-nfl-makes-money.asp

You may not be great at analyzing football but I bet you have accounting down pat.

On 10/25/2019 at 6:44 PM, Downtown said:

You counting the Chargers game in there? If we're playing the imagination game, that should really be a L and we all know it. 

Tannehill has now started 6 games like MM, we don't have to imagine. 5-1 

6 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Tannehill has now started 6 games like MM, we don't have to imagine. 5-1 

Touche’ - Tanny has definitely played himself into a job. I’m excited for the guy. So far he’s avoided the negatives that impacted his game in Miami and has avoided the implosions. Sometimes things just go your way and right now - even when he messes up, other teams aren’t making him pay. Hopefully he keeps it up and defenses don’t figure him out. 

But you also confuse me for having a player agenda. I follow the Titans, even though I don’t agree with the way they run things. Where I do think fans are ridiculous is expecting a business and specifically the Titans organization to act like a fan runs it. That’s living in denial, but probably a necessary denial when you realize folks also waste multiple hours of their day just posting here. 

5 hours ago, Downtown said:

That’s living in denial, but probably a necessary denial when you realize folks also waste multiple hours of their day just posting here. 

The team is the ones who were in denial wasting season hoping Mariota was going to do something he was incapable of doing. 

If this current team misses the playoffs because of it it's going to be gross negligence