Warriors have already peaked. They're not even making the playoffs.

Golden State may soon become the first team in NBA history to raise its loss total by 40 games in a single season.

The Spurs came close in 1997 when their record dropped from 59-23 down to 20-62 that year after The Admiral got hurt.

The Warriors went 57-25 last season, and are now 12-46. All they need is 19 losses in their final 24 games, go for the record! :popcorn:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1 game out of 82. I don't even like the Warriors but really? Is this whole forum full of people overreacting after 1 game?

OF is just a homer who likes to post about teams bad times who have historically owned the rockets. 

Good god you are a simple dude who lacks the ability to comprehend any kind of thought that isn’t the most basic interpretation of understanding.    Lakers lost. Get over it. Your inferiority c

Posted Images

On 2/26/2020 at 6:41 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Couldn't imagine what it's like to be a fan of a team I think is a title contender and choose to spend my team beating up on teams that aren't relevant. 

Do you realize HOU doesn't have a shot and this is like a "well at least we're not as bad as the current Warriors" type thing, or do you just have a genuine dislike for them?

My guess is he just wants to talk shit to someone but most other teams that people are a fan of on this site are better than HOU

8 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

My guess is he just wants to talk shit to someone but most other teams that people are a fan of on this site are better than HOU

The funny thing is he is trying to talk shit even though it’s completely obvious the warriors have no intention of trying to win this year. We got Wiggins and a lottery pick for KD and he sees that as a bad thing. Idk if he realizes the alternative was nothing in return. 

5 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

The funny thing is he is trying to talk shit even though it’s completely obvious the warriors have no intention of trying to win this year. We got Wiggins and a lottery pick for KD and he sees that as a bad thing. Idk if he realizes the alternative was nothing in return. 

They (GSW) are retooling for the long term with a top 4 pick + Curry, Thompson + Green healthy for 2020-2021 and another lotto pick after that.  It'll help them in the long term.  Of course, OF doesn't get it, HOU usually makes moves for the short term.

18 hours ago, rns90 said:

They (GSW) are retooling for the long term with a top 4 pick + Curry, Thompson + Green healthy for 2020-2021 and another lotto pick after that.  It'll help them in the long term.  Of course, OF doesn't get it, HOU usually makes moves for the short term.

Warriors are in a great position for the future. It will be interesting to see if they keep Wiggins and the picks or move them for a player. 

• 4 months later...
On 2/29/2020 at 8:27 AM, CaliTitan3518 said:

Warriors are in a great position for the future. It will be interesting to see if they keep Wiggins and the picks or move them for a player. 

Considering they have $130M tied up in Curry, Klay, Green, and Wiggins how exactly are they in a great position for the future?

Look back five seasons ago when they went 73-9 with the Big 3 of Curry, Klay, and Green. The three of them made $41.2M combined.

Even with a lower salary cap of $70M back then, they still had space to sign a lot of decent backups who helped them to carry the load.

And they're all 5 years older now too. Instead of being 27, 25, and 25 they're all entering the late years of their prime. Especially Curry at 32.

With Curry missing a total of 94 games over the past three seasons can he be counted on to stay healthy without some serious load management?

Edited by Oiler FANatic
13 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Considering they have $130M tied up in Curry, Klay, Green, and Wiggins how exactly are they in a great position for the future?

Look back five seasons ago when they went 73-9 with the Big 3 of Curry, Klay, and Green. The three of them made $41.2M combined.

Even with a lower salary cap of $70M back then, they still had space to sign a lot of decent backups who helped them to carry the load.

And they're all 5 years older now too. Instead of being 27, 25, and 25 they're all entering the late years of their prime. Especially Curry at 32.

With Curry missing a total of 94 games over the past three seasons can he be counted on to stay healthy without some serious load management?

They have money tied up in 3 all-NBA players?  What a bummer. The Warriors are not concerned with going deep in the luxury tax. They have the money. By future I clearly am referring to the duration of Klay, Curry and Draymonds time. But who knows they have the assets to add young talent. 

They have a nice group of young bench players that will contribute. They got a lot of playing time this past season. 

Idk what your obsession is with load management and Curry. If Curry plays 60-70 games a year, why is that bad? His total missed games the last few seasons are irrelevant. He's had the luxury of not needing to rush back from injuries. Tis past year they clearly kept him off the court as long as they could and that was what 50ish games?

Wiggins might be overpaid for what he will contribute to the team, but I will take him all day the the 3rd best scoring option on the team. We will see what happens with him and these lottery picks. The NBA will be super sad if the Warriors pull of an AD type trade. 

Warrior fans knew this season was a wash once Curry broke his hand. If you think it didn't work out for them us you are crazy. Klay had no pressure to rush back. Curry pretty much missed the whole season with a broken hand and gets to play the next season fresh as can be. We got more draft capital. We added Wiggins who is a better fit than DLo. We developed several cheap young guys. I am not sure how anyone could think they aren't right back to competing for a championship next year. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2020 at 2:09 PM, CaliTitan3518 said:

They have money tied up in 3 all-NBA players?  What a bummer.

Draymond was 3rd team all-NBA three years ago, but has regressed a lot since then. I'd much rather have PJ Tucker at a fraction of the price.

And your other two stars both missed most or all of last season. As deep as the West is right now the Warriors have a long road ahead to compete again.

10 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Draymond was 3rd team all-NBA three years ago, but has regressed a lot since then. I'd much rather have PJ Tucker at a fraction of the price.

And your other two stars both missed most or all of last season. As deep as the West is right now the Warriors have a long road ahead to compete again.

Draymond isn’t my favorite contract. I thought we were going to let him go. I like PJ Tucker so I’m not going to disagree. Draymond is a bit of a wild card. He can be great and then trash. 

Are you insinuating Klay and Curry arent going to be as good because they missed a year? Were they on vacation not training? I think the rest is going to help them. 

To compete again? Really? The west is a toss up but I don’t see any scenario the warriors aren’t competing again. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/5/2020 at 10:13 AM, CaliTitan3518 said:

To compete again? Really? The west is a toss up but I don’t see any scenario the warriors aren’t competing again. 

I'd say the scenario today (on draft day) when it seems that Klay Thompson probably tore his right achilles tendon hurts their chances quite a bit.

If Klay is indeed out for another full season, even with Curry coming back, I don't see them going deep in the playoffs. Assuming they get there at all.

1 minute ago, Oiler FANatic said:

I'd say the scenario today (on draft day) when it seems that Klay Thompson probably tore his right achilles tendon hurts their chances quite a bit.

If Klay is indeed out for another full season, even with Curry coming back, I don't see them going deep in the playoffs. Assuming they get there at all.

Losing Klay again would be rough. I’m pretty bummed out about that news. He will likely never be the same again. Atleast he can still shoot I guess. He’s a solid guy and great player. Just sucks to see this happen to him. 

33 minutes ago, SloPoke said:

Honest answer.

If yall traded for Giannis and the meat of the trade included Klay, Wiggins, and Oubre, would you be happy with that?

Or what if you kept Oubre but included Wiseman instead? Make a difference?

I’d be all for shipping out any combo of players as long as we kept one of Klay or Curry. 

I don’t see Klay being dealt though. 

15 minutes ago, SloPoke said:

I'm surprised. I dont think I'd put either of them in a package for Giannis. Only way is if I felt strongly that Klay wouldn't be the same player going forward.  

Giannis means competing for another decade. Curry/Klay just don’t have that much time left. Would really depend on the package but I wouldn’t be upset about it. I’d shoot for a Wiggins, wiseman, Oubre package though. Throw in some draft picks. 

• 1 month later...

As bad as things are looking in Houston right now, they're even worse for Golden State. Curry looks awful going 2-10 from three, twice now.

They were outscored 131-107 in their first two games last season, and this season 132-99 in two games. They're not making the playoffs.