10 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I watched the last jedi yesterday with my 9 year old; only the 2nd time I've seen it. It's way worse than I remember. I think it's the worst of all the starwars movie by a long shot.

It’s easily the worst. I mean, the prequels were stupid but not as bad as a lot of Last Jedi. 

I spy Kathleen Kennedy's comments about the difficulty in making these movies... "without any source material".

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/star-wars-lucasfilm-kathleen-kennedy/

No source material? Like the treatments by George Lucas for The Force Awakens that you, Abrams, and the rest over at Disney just kinda dropped into a waste basket? Or the many different offerings in the Expanded Universe that you could have mined for ideas? That kind of source material?

I honestly don't see how this woman is much longer for Lucas Film. The Rise Of Skywalker even had to go through a number of reshoots a little while back because of how badly it scored in test screenings. In watching the Mandalorian it's pretty obvious she's had little to nothing to do with the creative direction it's going in.

There's speculation by fan sites, YouTubers, etc that she is quietly being shown the door at LucasFilm and some are even speculating that Jon Favreau might be a guy at the top of the list to take over.

Idk how seriously to take that, but the failure of Solo, the reworking of The Rise Of Skywalker, and the general awful perception of the Star Wars franchise among fans right now can't be a good look for her in the eyes of Disney execs, especially in light of how on point The Mandalorian seems to be hitting with fans righr now. Somebody like Favreau or Dave Filoni being in charge would go a long way toward righting the ship. I have spoken.

Sounds kind of like a shot at D&D running out of source material on GoT.

They need a good storyteller who has good, creative ideas for Star Wars. The problem isn’t necessarily Kennedy, it’s who is writing the movies. Maybe she failed to hire good creative types, but in the end that’s who makes the movie good. It’s no different for other franchises. 

Kennedy needs to be shown the door as soon as possible. Hiring the correct people isnt hard if you have great vision and she clearly doesnt.  She completely failed with the new trilogies. Her and Rian tarnished the brand but the Mandolorian is bringing people back but not necessarly to go see the new Star Wars m

2 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Sounds kind of like a shot at D&D running out of source material on GoT.

They need a good storyteller who has good, creative ideas for Star Wars. The problem isn’t necessarily Kennedy, it’s who is writing the movies. Maybe she failed to hire good creative types, but in the end that’s who makes the movie good. It’s no different for other franchises. 

1*NY8ZK6D39fNu4Y018k3Txg.jpeg

I don't see how you can read the article I posted and look at this picture and say that with a straight face, SK. The messaging bullshit could even be dismissed if the stories and movies weren't trash AF... but they are.

Kennedy is absolutely responsible for that.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

Quick Google Fu result kicked back: Sith Troopers.

That's pretty wild. Makes me think...

The Mandalorian implying something being extracted from Yoda baby tells me that the cloners have been extra busy cloning midichlorians and using them to create Sith troops for Palpatine/Kylo Ren.

Of course, cloned midichlorians wouldn't be as powerful as natural midichlorians and there will be a proper response from the force itself.

21 hours ago, reo said:

I'm not sure if I've ever been less excited about a main saga Star Wars movie.

That second in the new trilogy was dog shit.  I rate it below The Phantom Menace, and much like The Phantom Menace, I'll probably never watch the entire movie again. 

21 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Quick Google Fu result kicked back: Sith Troopers.

That's pretty wild. Makes me think...

Reveal hidden contents

The Mandalorian implying something being extracted from Yoda baby tells me that the cloners have been extra busy cloning midichlorians and using them to create Sith troops for Palpatine/Kylo Ren.

Of course, cloned midichlorians wouldn't be as powerful as natural midichlorians and there will be a proper response from the force itself.

Is what  you have mentioned in the spoilers canon or speculation?