Sign in to follow this  
gnawed

All 21 snaps played by first-round pick Jeffrey Simmons(TitansFilmRoom)

Idk but he didn’t flash. He showed us what he is at 70% of NFL availability and that was play I would expect from a 5-6 year vet whose been a dominant force from day one who is playing through a nagging injury, but even with that nagging injury he is better than 80% of the players at his position and when fully healthy he is a top 3 player at his position

and it was only his first NFL game coming off an ACL tear 8 months ago 

4 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

Idk but he didn’t flash. He showed us what he is at 70% of NFL availability and that was play I would expect from a 5-6 year vet whose been a dominant force from day one who is playing through a nagging injury, but even with that nagging injury he is better than 80% of the players at his position and when fully healthy he is a top 3 player at his position

and it was only his first NFL game coming off an ACL tear 8 months ago 

Ugh...he has played one game. Stop with the homer shit.

Edited by WG53

Simmons had the 2nd highest grade of any player in the draft according to Lance Zierlein and it shows

This is probably the closest you'll find. Breaks down 7 GIFs

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2019/10/21/20925051/jeffery-simmons-dominant-debut-is-a-potential-game-changer-for-the-titans-defense

Edited by Titans279

6 minutes ago, nine said:

Good news:  the fact that Simmons is a stud made this easier than I thought.    I just found the plays where he registered a tackle or sack and checked the snaps immediately before and after that play.    He had an impact play on virtually every series he played, so it didn't long to find his other snaps.

It's worth noting that he was essentially a two-down player who came off the field on third down....but despite not playing on passing downs, he still registered a sack and a couple QB pressures along with a couple nice run stops.

Check out the double-team action at 2:30. Didn't take long for them to realize they had to do something.

7 hours ago, nine said:

Unfortunately, probably not.

"Every play" videos are relatively easy to make for players who are directly involved in the plays.   Every pass attempt, every catch, every run, every touchdown, every tackle/sack/INT, etc.    It's relatively easy to quickly filter through plays that have individual statistics associated with them.

Putting together an "every snap" video for a guy like Simmons would be much more challenging and far more time-consuming.   According to NFL.com, Simmons had only four plays with measurable statistics (3 tackles + 1 sack).....it will only take a few minutes to throw those together and upload them.    (I'll post something shortly).

But for the snaps where Simmons did his job but didn't collect any sort of official stat (tackles, sacks, INTs, etc)...all those clips would have to be done manually:  watch every play of the game, identify the plays where Simmons was on the field, save each one individually, then splice them all together one by one.    Probably at least 2-3 hours' worth of work, minimum.

There's no official record of who was on the field for a particular play.  Which seems weird and is kind of cool.

28 minutes ago, japan said:

I think his most impressive play, considering all of the missed practice and game experience, was him quickly recognizing the screen and reacting. 

He looked like a savvy vet trusting his eyes...

He has Deebo style brute strength as shown by his multiple ragdollings of 300lb OL, but he is also playing with great hand usage, technique, and recognition.

This kid is gonna be special for us. Reminds me of Suh with his raw strength...