code

Lots of available cap dollars

Recommended Posts

Marcus was going to be a $22,000,000+ cap suck moving forward.

 

Even if we choose to retain Tanny as a stop gap at $15,000,000, the Mariota savings could absolutely help to resign Logan Ryan if we choose, possibly even Conklin if he has graded out well.


Sucks to not have a franchise QB -- but this is a bit of a silver lining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The Jacoby Brissett contract is probably the best comparable for what Tannehill might get.

 

We;ll have to see how the rest of the season goes but he could have all the leverage and force the franchise tag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

 

We;ll have to see how the rest of the season goes but he could have all the leverage and force the franchise tag

 

Very possible. 

 

Tannehill is a better QB than Brissett and will likely end up commanding more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be quite a few veteran QB's available this year via FA or trade, Dalton/Bridgewater/Tannehill/Newton/Rivers/Brees/Winston and maybe even Brady.

 

Schefter just now on ESPN's MNF Countdown said there are quite a few things starting to line up that indicate that Brady might be willing to move on from the Patriots after this year.

 

Throw in the 5 or 6 QB's that will be drafted in the first two days of the draft and there will be plenty of choices at QB, Tannehill isn't going to have some kind of huge leverage.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Throw in the 5 or 6 QB's that will be drafted in the first two days of the draft and there will be plenty of choices at QB, Tannehill isn't going to have some kind of huge leverage.

 

This might sound crazy but Tannehill might be a better QB than Brady heading into 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

 

This might sound crazy but Tannehill might be a better QB than Brady heading into 2020


Maybe. Brady is still better than Tanehill now though. You never know if Brady will stop off I guess 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OILERMAN said:

 

This might sound crazy but Tannehill might be a better QB than Brady heading into 2020

 

Certainly not entirely crazy, the only decent team the Patriots have faced this year the Bills made Brady look very ordinary. 

 

I was more pointing out there is likely to be a range of options for teams this offseason at QB whether that is via FA or the draft, Tannehill simply isn't going to have some massive leverage if he tries to price himself out of the market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

 

The Jacoby Brissett contract is probably the best comparable for what Tannehill might get.

 

 

Brissett has a cap hit of 8.5m this year and 21.5 M in 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, code said:

Marcus was going to be a $22,000,000+ cap suck moving forward.

 

Even if we choose to retain Tanny as a stop gap at $15,000,000, the Mariota savings could absolutely help to resign Logan Ryan if we choose, possibly even Conklin if he has graded out well.


Sucks to not have a franchise QB -- but this is a bit of a silver lining.

 

The Titans are currently on track to have about 63M in cap space next year.  If they cut Walker and Lewis, which seems likely, that adds another 11.5m for almost 75M in cap space.  Cap space won't be an issue.  If there is an issue it's that they have 20 free agents (not counting 4 erfa) so depth could be an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

 

This might sound crazy but Tannehill might be a better QB than Brady heading into 2020

 

Behind this OL, maybe. Brady is and always has been a statue. His arm is his skillset. He may not be as immobile as Manning was, but he's still slow as Christmas when he runs. He'd have to do a bit more of it behind our guys. And if his arm is deteriorating it just wouldn't go well.

 

That being said, if Tannehill is unreasonable in his expectations for a deal I'd have no problem going with Brady for a year or two with a draft pick sitting behind him. AAS would drool over the idea too as it'd probably put butts in the stadium on Sundays to see Tom Terrific in 2 tone blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

 

Behind this OL, maybe. Brady is and always has been a statue. His arm is his skillset. He may not be as immobile as Manning was, but he's still slow as Christmas when he runs. He'd have to do a bit more of it behind our guys. And if his arm is deteriorating it just wouldn't go well.

 

That being said, if Tannehill is unreasonable in his expectations for a deal I'd have no problem going with Brady for a year or two with a draft pick sitting behind him. AAS would drool over the idea too as it'd probably put butts in the stadium on Sundays to see Tom Terrific in 2 tone blue.

 

The Titans OL is way better than the Pat's. You should stop before you hurt yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.