2 hours ago, scine09 said:

Any idea how the comp structure works?  How would they get a 3rd, for example?

There are general "rules" like @charleytolar posted but the league has never published or disclosed the exact formula.  Basically, if you sign less FA's than other teams sign from you, then you get a comp pick (or picks).  What round the pick is in is basically determined by the size of the deal your guy signed elsewhere for.

2 hours ago, WG53 said:

He would have to get a large contract. So no way we get a 3rd 

I don't think it would have to be that large of a contract since shitty QB's are still paid more than most other players.  4th round pick at worst assuming we don't go sign someone to offset the comp pick.

The first part of the comp formula is the Titans have to lose more true free agents than they gain. 

It has to be true free agents to, if someone like Delaine is cut then he doesn't factor in. 

22 minutes ago, abenjami said:

There are general "rules" like @charleytolar posted but the league has never published or disclosed the exact formula.  Basically, if you sign less FA's than other teams sign from you, then you get a comp pick (or picks).  What round the pick is in is basically determined by the size of the deal your guy signed elsewhere for.

I don't think it would have to be that large of a contract since shitty QB's are still paid more than most other players.  4th round pick at worst assuming we don't go sign someone to offset the comp pick.

They also factor in playing time and awards iirc.

25 minutes ago, japan said:

Someone said RassKass

I said he might be based on his Mariota love, hate for the coaches and the fact that they posted/ joined for the first time a day after @RasKass was suspended 

Edited by Dinx81

22 minutes ago, Dinx81 said:

I said he might be based on his Mariota love, hate for the coaches and the fact that they posted/ joined for the first time a day after @RasKass was suspended 

I asked you earlier, but I'm not sure you answered.  What did he do to get suspended?  That's pretty hard to do around here.

38 minutes ago, japan said:

I asked you earlier, but I'm not sure you answered.  What did he do to get suspended?  That's pretty hard to do around here.

I didn’t answer because im not sure. Not really sure if it was a suspension or banned or what but his profile is still viewable. Probably because he was responding calling people queer and gay boy etc without adding anything to the conversation. 

We're not going to get a comp pick for MM.  Robinson signs so many FA's, I can't even remember the last time we got a comp pick.  If someone is dumb enough to trade anything for MM, do it.  If Tannehill gets hurt, tank for a better draft slot.  They basically put this season in the toilet already by losing so many conference games.

Edited by Jas

4 hours ago, Number9 said:

Knock a little off the price and show them the highlights of his rookie debut.

2019-07-9-640-InText-wp-content_uploads_

That is like the umpteenth time you've shown that picture on the forum lately. I'm sure your wife wouldn't appreciate being a pawn in your meme activities.

3 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

That is like the umpteenth time you've shown that picture on the forum lately. I'm sure your wife wouldn't appreciate being a pawn in your meme activities.

My bad.  I can't count up to umpteen, so I didn't know it was that many.  :42_confused:

4 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Package with Delanie and ship to Seattle for 4th rounder. 

Tannehill DOES have some injury history. And our line is pretty beat up right now

Why on earth would the Seahawks want to take on Mariota as a 3rd string QB (Geno Smith is the backup) for the balance of his salary??????

If Seattle ever wants to take a flyer on a guy like Mariota, it won't be for 13 M.