Provided that Tannehill doesn't have a terrible game this week should we move Mariota before the deadline? It is obvious that barring injury we have very likely seen the end of Mariota's tenure in Tennessee. Logan Woodside performed well enough in the preseason to fill the back-up roll in my opinion and it is likely he will fill that spot next year unless we are in position to draft our quarterback of the future.

With the deadline fast approaching, it highlights another fault with not moving on from Mariota sooner. That of course not having more time to evaluate Tannehill. I think I have seen enough of both but the front office may feel differently.

Getting Mariota off the team would be good for the locker room, but no one is going to trade for him. 

And with Tannehill's injury history, they may not want to move him either with a viable playoff path remaining.

Woodside is actually injured btw, is on the PS-injured list. 

I'd only trade him for anything less than a 5th if we don't have to absorb any salary considering Tannehill's injury history. 

8 minutes ago, TitansGuru said:

I realize that we would be talking about a fifth rounder at most if we are lucky.

No, we would have to trade away much more than that to get someone to take him off our hands...

In the article from Rapoport that @OILERMAN posted yesterday, he said the Titans would listen to offers for Mariota. 

Just highly unlikely anyone would want him with his salary (and performance, for that matter).

I suppose the Titans could potentially agree to pay a significant portion of his salary to facilitate a trade, but I seriously doubt it comes to that.  

Its not like Mariota is a malcontent or a divisive presence in the locker room.  He’s universally loved by his teammates and by pretty much everyone who’s ever met him.    He’s just not a particularly good NFL QB.  

Maybe they handle things differently if there was a qualified #3 waiting in the wings to step into the backup role...but Woodside is already on IR and nobody else knows the system.  

Maybe pay off Tampa to release Gabbert from IR so the Titans can sign him?    Yeah, right.