Davis & Brown Had Season Highs in Targets w/ Tannehill

Jonboy

Not only did they see more targets overall as a duo, each guy was targeted more than any other game this year with MM at QB. Keep in mind, this is me just looking at targets. We're not even considering how many were/weren't catchable passes. 

Week 1 (CLE)

Davis 3 

Brown 4

7 total

Week 2 (IND)

Davis 5 

Brown 5

10 total

Week 3 (JAX)

Davis 4

Brown 5 

9 total

Week 4 (ATL)

Davis 6 

Brown 3 

9 total

Week 5 (BUF)

Davis 4 

Brown 2

6 total

Week 6 (DEN)

Davis 5

Brown 4

9 total

Week 7 (LAC)

Davis 7

Brown 8

15 total

Just posted in another thread how I hope the uptick in targets to Brown continues. That needs to continue. QB and injury situations aside, Brown seems to have have hit the ground running a little harder than Davis did.

2 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I have to say... Tannehill never had the receivers in Miami that he has here. He had Jarvis Landry, but I don't know that I'd take Landry over either Corey or AJ.

Plus he's also got Hump and maybe DW, or Jonnu.

And really for a #4 guy Sharpe isn't that bad either.  Nothing special but damn just recall he was just about our #1 for a spell - when he wasn't even as good as he is now.

Painful to even contemplate that.  Glad we got some receivers.

1 minute ago, chef said:

And really for a #4 guy Sharpe isn't that bad either.  Nothing special but damn just recall he was just about our #1 for a spell - when he wasn't even as good as he is now.

Painful to even contemplate that.  Glad we got some receivers.

Sharpe is finally in a role that suits him. He'll probably never be a #2, although on a few teams he might be a decent #3.

5 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

@japan

What? Other than Landry who did he have in Miami? Quitshard Matthews? Fuck that loser. Anybody else?

Brandon Marshall, Stills.  Not like we have drastically better receivers than he had at Miami.

Miami is looking like one of the most dysfunctional franchises of the last decade.  I’m willing to dismiss anything that Tannehill ever did there.  I know that the consensus is that he is not the long term answer but the guy throws some dimes into some tight windows so he is obviously going to throw more pics than Mary. 

The thing about this roster is that we don’t need a great qb to compete, we just can’t have a horrible one. Either way I am excited to watch this team again.  I’m not bored so I’m jus going to expect little and hope for the best. 

1 hour ago, japan said:

Brandon Marshall, Stills.  Not like we have drastically better receivers than he had at Miami.

Marshall's last season with Miami was in 2011. Tannehill's first was in 2012. Stills joined them in 2015, which was probably the best collection of talent before he started dropping off for whatever reason.

The jury is still out on Humphries as a Titan, but he's had encouraging play against Jacksonville and against the Chargers converting those downs. Idk about you, but I'd take Davis, Brown, and Humphries over Landry, Matthews, and Stills without hesitation.

9 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Marshall's last season with Miami was in 2011. Tannehill's first was in 2012. Stills joined them in 2015, which was probably the best collection of talent before he started dropping off for whatever reason.

My bad. I meant Mike Wallace. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/2013_roster.htm

2 minutes ago, japan said:

Marshall was traded to the Chicago Bears on March 13, 2012, for one third round draft pick in 2012 and a future one in 2013, reuniting him with former Bronco teammate Jay Cutler leading to a career year for Marshall.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Marshall

Archived