Players throwing a bit of shade at Mariota?

10 A See

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You cannot be serious with this shit.    Mariota is a 5th year veteran. He doesn't have any fucking learning to do, he just sucks ass. 

I'm not usually that guy and I'm a bit surprised due to his personality but Corey Davis was 100% throwing shade. Dude is sick of wasting his life away on a QB who never gives him a chance to make a pl

Reasons/excuses/whatever.    Call it what you will....it doesn't matter.

The bottom line is, the coaching staff can't rely on Marcus to show up on Sunday and perform at an acceptable level or execute a gameplan.

17 minutes ago, nine said:

Reasons/excuses/whatever.    Call it what you will....it doesn't matter.

The bottom line is, the coaching staff can't rely on Marcus to show up on Sunday and perform at an acceptable level or execute a gameplan.

Tim Hasselbeck basically said that Mariota is uncoachable.  He likened the dud games that he has to Winston's INT issues or fumbling issues from a RB.  Things which should theoretically keep a player off the field.  

I do think there's some truth that his consistent inconsistency makes him uncoachable.  Everyone can point out to a play or game where MM did it perfectly.  The problem is that it was few a far between.

If you look back on all of his issues, they were there day 1.  He clearly was coached to do it right and sometimes he did.  When he struggled, it was usually because he had sloppy mechanics or was gun shy.

The coaches (three different ones) couldn't count on him to execute plays properly.  It's actually kind of amazing that they have done decently while trying to work around it for so many years.

It was not coaching, it was the player.

8 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

What you call "excuses" other folks call factual reasons. I can't recall another QB in at least the last 20 years being asked to overcome so much bullshit & adversity to start a career than Mariota was, let alone overcome it and thrive. But he didn't and that's that.

You got what you wanted. The pineapple prince is done here and we'll be moving on from him soon enough. The least you could do is acknowledge the Titans had at least an early hand in it not working out, but you won't do that because it would involve admitting to being wrong about Mularkey. When we fired Whisenhunt the biggest mistake this organization made was staying with Mularkey. 

But whatever. Mularkey is gone as many think he should be and Mariota will soon be gone as many think he should be. A new object of praise/ire will present themselves for the fans to bitch back n forth over soon enough. And on and on it goes.

I believe the words you’re looking for are “poor poor Mary, noones ever had it as hard as poor poor Mary”