Chargers Recap Thread

Jonboy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mariota could be behind the best OL in the league, have Elliott at RB, Kamara on 3rd down and the best 3 WRs in the league and Kelce at TE..... he would still suck. He was the problem, it was never th

Eventually teams are going to have to back off the run more which will further open things up. 

To be fair I don’t put the INT on Tannehill at all. If I remember correctly, Bosa roasted Kelly to get his hand on the ball. Bosa’s a fucking monster. 

I need to see one more game but Tannehill has the zip to open this offense up.  I really think teams have been playing hard against the run and Tannehill was able to take advantage of that in a way that Mariota simply couldn't.  If his first game was an example of him taking advantage of that and not just a bad secondary (honestly tough to tell because all of the runs on first down and every one stacks the box to some degree) then the offensive woes could really turn around and I could see this team going on a spree.

If the Titans had anything close to Ryan Tannehill's competence Sunday they are 7-0 with this defense.  

38 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I really think teams have been playing hard against the run and Tannehill was able to take advantage of that in a way that Mariota simply couldn't.   

When Mariota had successful pass plays it was when the defense was biting on run action and the targets were open against single coverage. 

Tannehill was completing passes under pressure and threading passes between defenders and into tight windows. 

Tannehill converted 3 3rd and 10+s Sunday

The difference is shocking

12 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Mariota could be behind the best OL in the league, have Elliott at RB, Kamara on 3rd down and the best 3 WRs in the league and Kelce at TE..... he would still suck. He was the problem, it was never the supporting cast or the plays being called. 

He's not going somewhere else and flourishing. 

When he goes to a new place he's going to easily get beat out if there is any kind of opening for the QB spot. 

The supporting cast doesn't let him down, he lets them down. Whenever the offense does well they are almost always carrying Mariota, not the other way around. The OC has to scheme up the perfect play against the perfect coverage.

Honest question, as it seems you mean this as a static situation instead of a fluid one: do you think this is true if MM doesn’t break his leg? 

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Honest question, as it seems you mean this as a static situation instead of a fluid one: do you think this is true if MM doesn’t break his leg? 

Yes..... He had the same problems even before the broken leg, hell the game with the broken leg he was every bit as bad as he was last week against the Broncos. Carr had the same injury at the same time and he's playing much better. 

Even bigger is the guy had no idea how to do the small things, had no feel for managing the game and didn't understand the nuances of the position. It's also pretty clear he had no command and lacked the stones to lead the offense. 

On 10/22/2019 at 8:23 PM, Constantine said:

It is mind-boggling that MM was way better with the scrubs who are mostly out of the league now (except od Delanie) than with this roster. I think that he has never recovered from that stinger in the Miami game and that is the key point in his downfall in Nashville. He should never played until full recovery but they had pushed him back on the field after one week.

i think vrabel wanted him gone when he got to town. it gives him an extension if mariota leaves. think about it. he just got the first two seasons basically gifted to him.. now he's almost guaranteed 3 more years. 

i think mariota started looking uncomfortable at the beginning of his second year. but the big downfall began with the arm injury. i'm still not sure it is healed. at the time, they said if it doesnt heal in a few weeks it may never be the same. 

9 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Yes..... He had the same problems even before the broken leg, hell the game with the broken leg he was every bit as bad as he was last week against the Broncos. Carr had the same injury at the same time and he's playing much better. 

Even bigger is the guy had no idea how to do the small things, had no feel for managing the game and didn't understand the nuances of the position. It's also pretty clear he had no command and lacked the stones to lead the offense. 

Rishard said that while in Miami Tannehill gathered the receivers for 2 joint practices a week during the offseason. He said here with Mariota they did it once and he spent all the rest of his free time hanging out in hawaii. Sounds to me like he did just enough to make it seem like he cared but I honestly im starting to think he didnt really care that much about really improving. Some people just come in for the quick cash grab and are like "thanks im out of here".

2 hours ago, DecepticonShawn said:

Rishard said that while in Miami Tannehill gathered the receivers for 2 joint practices a week during the offseason. He said here with Mariota they did it once and he spent all the rest of his free time hanging out in hawaii. Sounds to me like he did just enough to make it seem like he cared but I honestly im starting to think he didnt really care that much about really improving. Some people just come in for the quick cash grab and are like "thanks im out of here".

It has always been clear that he wasn't very committed to football. To be elite you have to have a hunger inside to be perfect which drives you. MM never showed that trait in his time here. I can honestly say he never got better as a pro. And I believe it's because he didn't work hard enough despite his "I gave it my all" bullshit line. 

If you gave it your all, why didn't you work every offseason on fixing your lame ass mechanics? Instead of running on the beach in Hawaii? 

Edited by Supdawg

When someone says "I did my best" what they are saying is - "I'm not giving any more". Because they are already doing their best.

Nothing pisses me as a manager off more than a report who is "doing their best". What you can't learn more?  You aren't getting better?  That's it, this is your best?

No one on my team, myself included, is doing their best.

GTFO.

23 hours ago, DecepticonShawn said:

21 hours ago, Supdawg said:

It has always been clear that he wasn't very committed to football. To be elite you have to have a hunger inside to be perfect which drives you. MM never showed that trait in his time here. I can honestly say he never got better as a pro. And I believe it's because he didn't work hard enough despite his "I gave it my all" bullshit line. 

If you gave it your all, why didn't you work every offseason on fixing your lame ass mechanics? Instead of running on the beach in Hawaii? 

You've both got to be fucking kidding. First of all, taking anything that quitter Bitchard Matthews says with anything other than a grain of salt is following the herd off a cliff.

2nd of all, enough with the god damn revisionist history bullshit. You don't think Mariota was ever a good QB? Fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But no one is entititled to fucking revise history to say the guy didn't give a shit or didn't work. That has NEVER been the story from anyone who talks about him. All of the sudden he gets benched and he's got the work ethic of Steve McNair? Gtfo here with those lies.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

On 10/24/2019 at 12:14 AM, Number9 said:

https://post.futurimedia.com/wgfx/playlist/listen-6106.html

Cosell had some great comments about Ryan's passing velocity and ball placement.  A really good piece about the high points of the game.

This isnt me talking trash just a observation. Normally when there is good interview with that much info being presented it feels like it goes fast. But that felt like it took a hour and a half.

Enjoyed it though ty.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic