Sign in to follow this  
PuckDaddy

about Arthur Smith - now what ?

1 minute ago, GZATheGenius said:

His play calling has only looked good against teams that have bad defenses. When we beat a good team with a good defense then you have a more concrete argument.

what is my argument ?

I don't think Smith or Vrabel will ever lead this team to a Superbowl. That being said it is still early in the season and I think with the improvement with the QB situation will help clarify the state of the team. One less excuse for losing out the door.

1 minute ago, Former_Fan said:

I don't think Smith or Vrabel will ever lead this team to a Superbowl. That being said it is still early in the season and I think with the improvement with the QB situation will help clarify the state of the team. One less excuse for losing out the door.

I agree. That's why I am glad the QB change was made. Let's see how Vrabel looks down the stretch. Playing and beating another 2-4 team barely doesn't impress me.

2 minutes ago, Former_Fan said:

I don't think Smith or Vrabel will ever lead this team to a Superbowl. 

gotta hope Vrabel learns from some of these crazy go-for-its, neverminds.

several losses can (probably) be directly attributed to bonehead decisions on V's part.

2 minutes ago, PuckDaddy said:

gotta hope Vrabel learns from some of these crazy go-for-its, neverminds.

several losses can (probably) be directly attributed to bonehead decisions on V's part.

Yep, and had we lost today there would be a lot more talk about this..

3 minutes ago, GZATheGenius said:

Playing and beating another 2-4 team barely doesn't impress me.

you keep commenting like this is isn't week 7 and the team isn't 3-4.
there's plenty of material to form a basis.
this team only won today due to sheer craziness at the goal line.
even though Ryan looked good, the Titans only won because Gordon fumbled it while entering the end zone.
if Gordon hangs onto the ball, this is a loss and this is a much different discussion more than likely

1 minute ago, PuckDaddy said:

even though Ryan looked good, the Titans only won because Gordon fumbled it while entering the end zone.
if Gordon hangs onto the ball, this is a loss and this is a much different discussion more than likely

If the refs spot the ball correctly on 4th down, the games over.  If the defense didn’t let Rivers walk down the field and score a touchdown in barely a minute when we were up 10, the games very likely over.  Things happen.  We won.  

4 minutes ago, Former_Fan said:

Yep, and had we lost today there would be a lot more talk about this..

yeah, we gotta continue to analyze this shit on the fly.

the end result that they won today really shouldn't have any bearing on our discussion on whether the playcalling is still/was dookie

1 minute ago, Mercalius said:

If the refs spot the ball correctly on 4th down, the games over.  If the defense didn’t let Rivers walk down the field and score a touchdown in barely a minute when we were up 10, the games very likely over.  Things happen.  We won.  

ok, but what does that say about Arthur Smith particularly?

2 minutes ago, PuckDaddy said:

We haven't beat any good teams, you do know that right? Browns 2-4, Chargers 2-5, Falcons 1-5. Bad teams beating bad teams then thinking you are actually good is fools gold. Honestly I am happy for the win, but forgive me if I'm not believing the hype. I just don't think Vrabel is a good coach.

1 minute ago, PuckDaddy said:

ok, but what does that say about Arthur Smith particularly?

Uh, what?  We won the game.  Our backup QB came in and put up 300+ yards in his first start for our team.  Davis had one of his best games of the season and Henry looked better than he has in weeks.  I’m not saying Smith is a genius, but this isn’t the game to knock him.  

Just now, GZATheGenius said:

We haven't beat any good teams, you do know that right? Browns 2-4, Chargers 2-5, Falcons 1-5. Bad teams beating bad teams then thinking you are actually good is fools gold. Honestly I am happy for the win, but forgive me if I'm not believing the hype. I just don't think Vrabel is a good coach.

you completely skipped the OP didn't ya ? c'mon now.
these have all been strawman type rebuttals.

and this comment seems to reflect on Vrabel's ability, even though this is a thread about Arthur Smith.
win / loss doesn't always say much about the OC's plan. could be the defense blew it, the HC made a bonehead decision, etc.

Arthur Smith, what about Arthur Smith