Sign in to follow this  
Titans279

Don't celebrate yet: Titans still likely to go 7-9 and miss the playoffs

1 minute ago, Former_Fan said:

The worst part is wondering where we could be if Tannehill had started the season instead of 6 games in. 7-9 and no playoffs is realistic unless one of the other AFC South teams fall apart somehow. Maybe we make a run with RT starting the season? And now will may finish middle of the road without a top pick in the draft. 

Either way may be fine.  A 7-9 record puts us drafting in the top half of the draft with still what’s likely a very good team with a potentially elite defense and a QB in Tannehill that proved serviceable.  It means you could draft BPA and go for it next year or move up for a QB if there’s a guy you love but give him the luxury of sitting if need be or even if not a very competent team around him without any glaring holes.  

2 minutes ago, Former_Fan said:

The worst part is wondering where we could be if Tannehill had started the season instead of 6 games in. 7-9 and no playoffs is realistic unless one of the other AFC South teams fall apart somehow. Maybe we make a run with RT starting the season? And now will may finish middle of the road without a top pick in the draft. 

Dude I hope we have a great 2nd half of the season. But come on lol. We played a bad team with a bad defense and still barely won. The Steelers 3rd string rookie QB beat this Chargers team more convincingly. Am I right??

3 minutes ago, GZATheGenius said:

Dude I hope we have a great 2nd half of the season. But come on lol. We played a bad team with a bad defense and still barely won. The Steelers 3rd string rookie QB beat this Chargers team more convincingly. Am I right??

Two more bad teams incoming! And a Mahomes-less Chiefs team!

2 minutes ago, GZATheGenius said:

Yes, and the conversation around here would be much different than it is now had we lost. But in all honestly, we could have been 5-11 if Mariota played all season. The offense was notably better today. At least it wasn't miserable to watch. 

2 minutes ago, Former_Fan said:

Yes, and the conversation around here would be much different than it is now had we lost. But in all honestly, we could have been 5-11 if Mariota played all season. The offense was notably better today. At least it wasn't miserable to watch. 

Looked better vs a bad team vs banged up defense. Remember the Steelers 3rd string rookie QB loomed like Montana vs the Chargers defense.

Let me ask this. Why have the Buccaneers who have had the same up and down season we have had who have actually looked much worse at times than we have with a QB who threw 5 ints last week decides to stick with their QB vs us who decided to bench ours...Whats the difference??

31 minutes ago, GZATheGenius said:

Let me ask this. Why have the Buccaneers who have had the same up and down season we have had who have actually looked much worse at times than we have with a QB who threw 5 ints last week decides to stick with their QB vs us who decided to bench ours...Whats the difference??

Their young QB has some passing ability at least, despite the turnovers. And he has no passable backup QB. 

Edited by Starkiller

If passes are thrown to receivers on target with velocity, I'm ok with whatever happens. I would like to watch basic football played correctly. After watching MM8 waste 5 years this is all I want this year. Next year we go from trash MM8 to Great with anyone else........

3 hours ago, GZATheGenius said:

Whats the point in banning someone when they can just make a new profile? Whats the difference?

The next 3 games are all winnable with Mahomes likely out. The titans should beat the bucs at home. Allen can be dicey under pressure, doesn’t feel it well and Matt Moore at home possibly is a great chance to win

Somebody's gonna win the division.    Right now the AFCS is the tightest race in the league as only one game separates the top of the division (Colts 4-2) from the bottom (Titans 3-4). 

Right now, the Titans are effectively 1½ games out of first place with nine games left to play.    Sure, the remaining schedule is difficult...but the rest of the division has a similar schedule with a lot of common opponents.  Everybody has a tough schedule coming up.

The big difference is that Tannehill provides much better QB play than we saw over the first six weeks, which should result a much more productive offense....and Simmons is a huge addition for a defense that was already pretty damned good.

Again....somebody is gonna win the division.   And I'd say the Titans' chances are a whole lot better than they were last week.

2 hours ago, Dinx81 said:

Whats the point in banning someone when they can just make a new profile? Whats the difference?

Who is GZA?