Sign in to follow this  
Titans279

Don't celebrate yet: Titans still likely to go 7-9 and miss the playoffs

538 only gives us a 9% chance of making the playoffs and has us finishing 7-9: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2019-nfl-predictions/

NYTimes just put up their playoff simulator which gives us a 13% chance of making the playoffs. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/upshot/tennessee-titans-nfl-playoff-picture.html

On average NFL teams that are 3-4 end up 7-9.

The schedule gets tougher up ahead.

Assuming this, or worse, there will be a lot of questions for JRob and Vrabel come January

Glad We got the victory, but I've never felt so indifferent after a win lol. I hope we win the rest of our games, but I'm not putting to much stock in this win until the Titans can prove they're consistent. Yea we beat the Chargers but they been as Hapless as us & remember the Steelers 3rd string rookie QB also beat them. Tannehill threw about 2-3 balls that should have and could have been picked off. I don't put to much stock in this win we barely pulled off, and I don't believe in Tannehill no more than Mariota. But by all means Tannehill, prove me wrong and beat some good teams. You had the luxury and timing of starting against a bad team.

13 minutes ago, GZATheGenius said:

Glad We got the victory, but I've never felt so indifferent after a win lol. I hope we win the rest of our games, but I'm not putting to much stock in this win until the Titans can prove they're consistent. Yea we beat the Chargers but they been as Hapless as us & remember the Steelers 3rd string rookie QB also beat them. Tannehill threw about 2-3 balls that should have and could have been picked off. I don't put to much stock in this win we barely pulled off, and I don't believe in Tannehill no more than Mariota. But by all means Tannehill, prove me wrong and beat some good teams. You had the luxury and timing of starting against a bad team.

Dude we never beat the Chargers. Maybe twice ever

I mean...I think everyone knows we have an uphill climb. Schedule gets harder too. May have gotten a huge break with the Mahomes injury though. 

3 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Dude we never beat the Chargers. Maybe twice ever

From September of 1993 to September 2012 the Oilers/Titans lost 9 straight games. We finally won in 2013 against them and have lost two more before today's win.

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/tennessee-titans/teamvsteam?opp=26

Edited by NashvilleNinja

The worst part is wondering where we could be if Tannehill had started the season instead of 6 games in. 7-9 and no playoffs is realistic unless one of the other AFC South teams fall apart somehow. Maybe we make a run with RT starting the season? And now will may finish middle of the road without a top pick in the draft.