So where do we go from here?

ChesterCopperpot1

Starting Tannehill was the right move. I think he can win us some games, but I don’t think he is the long-term answer. He’s not going to put this team over the top. I think this team ends up between 7-9 and 9-7, which puts you in no-man’s land as far as drafting a QB in the first round. I think there are some good QBs in this draft, but I think there are just 2-3 potential franchise QBs. I don’t think want of them fall to us at 7-9/9-7.

Im obviously not pushing for a tank. 2-14 and 3-13 sucked ass. This team is too talented to draft too 5. I just don’t know how to proceed forward. Tannehill will won us more games, but we aren’t going to win anything of substance with him at QB. It’s like we are in QB purgatory. so how do we move forward? 

1 minute ago, ctm said:

Based strictly on today.....

RT is getting a new contract.  The question now is 1 year or multi?

The Titans are still drafting a QB.  The question is now who is available at our spot and the priority.

I think a question is whether they have enough confidence in him to try and win with him or if he's a bridge QB

Just now, ctm said:

Based strictly on today.....

RT is getting a new contract.  The question now is 1 year or multi?

The Titans are still drafting a QB.  The question is now who is available at our spot and the priority.

Too early to worry about that, IMO. You just have to evaluate at the end of the season based on how Tannehill plays (or if he gets hurt), where they draft, and who might be available. Too many variables.

2 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Too early to worry about that, IMO. You just have to evaluate at the end of the season based on how Tannehill plays (or if he gets hurt), where they draft, and who might be available. Too many variables.

That's why I said based strictly on today. The rest of the season will provide the answers.

I've mentioned it before but Marcus has been David Carr bad.

Marcus like Carr's  piss poorness was completely tainting the offense.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that Tannehill could be our Matt Schuab, and with the overall level of QB or lack thereof in the division we could potentially fuck around and be dangerous with Tannehill.

Tannehill was smart to get himself here as this was probably the one spot where he could get a shot, after the next draft their may not have been anywhere to land without it being a permanent backup.

His TD pass to Davis was pure arm strength and accuracy and perfectly displayed why it was always a no brainer he should be the starter. What was MM ever supposed to offer? Fewer INTs? They're not the end of the world. Not when the QB has the arm talent to just drive the field next time and put 7 on the board.

2 minutes ago, GZATheGenius said:

I hope Tannehill wins every game left. But I've never been a supporter of him starting at any point in this season. I wouldn't put to much stock in this victory. The Chargers are as Hapless as us. And I seen the Steelers 3rd string rookie QB basically carve the Chargers up. I'd hold off on crowning him over Marcus and getting to excited. Remember Vrabel is still the coach & we have never been consistent under him.

We lose today with Marcus, likely by double digits.  

Just now, GZATheGenius said:

Both bad teams. They were just worse today. I've seen Marcus do more good things and accomplish more than Tannehill has at any point in his career. I'm not living in a hypothetical world of what ifs. I'm looking at reality and I refuse to believe the hype until tanney beats good teams. I've seen Marcus beat good teams before. However tanney is starting so I'm rooting for him. 

You really sound like you’re rooting for him ? You’ve diminished the win in 3-4 posts now while saying “...but Mariota” in every one.  It’s obvious where you stand, and that’s fine, but don’t bullshit.  

14 minutes ago, GZATheGenius said:

I hope Tannehill wins every game left. But I've never been a supporter of him starting at any point in this season. I wouldn't put to much stock in this victory. The Chargers are as Hapless as us. And I seen the Steelers 3rd string rookie QB basically carve the Chargers up. I'd hold off on crowning him over Marcus and getting to excited. Remember Vrabel is still the coach & we have never been consistent under him.

True. Remember all of those years back when Vrabel was so inconsistent...

I think everyone is underselling how good the Chargers are.  They were picked as a playoff team at the beginning of the year, and Rivers is still one of the best and most dangerous QB’s in the game.  I predict they win over half of the rest of their games.