Buccaneers Week

NashvilleNinja

2 hours ago, CreepingDeath said:

There'd be some poetry if Winston shits the bed again and gets benched.  That can be the story line exiting the game - the two top picks riding the bench.

Winston won’t get benched for Ryan Griffin 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Conklin is injured too much but he's markedly better than Kelly and needs to be retained. We have too much draft capital invested in him to not retain him when he has played well overall as a player i

JRob takes out the pad and makes a note to himself: draft a Kamara/Chubb in next draft preferably in the 3rd round. 

The article ended with this gem      Ouch

Posted Images

1 hour ago, japan said:

uhhh....huh?  You don't watch many games outside the Titans?  Kamara and McCaffrey are both top 5-8 backs.  They aren't just receivers.  Hell, NO runs more or as much as they pass these days.  And Kamara has been injured the last few games.  And McCaffrey is at the top of many's MVP list.

1st of all, I live in TN so I'm quite aware of Kamara. 2nd of all, my wife is from NC, so I'm quite aware of McCaffrey. I'm assuming you said that cause you're an idiot. 

In the times TB faced Panthers: 1st game Panthers were down a touchdown in the 3rd quarter. They were basically losing the entire time. Cam threw over 300 yds trying to win the game, and it wouldn't have been that close if TB hadn't committed so many penalties. 

2nd game with TB was another shootout. Panthers threw 32x. Interceptions and fumbles all around. 

When TB played NO, Bridgewater threw for 300+ (34 att) as well, targeting Kamara 7x. 

As you can see, those 3 games were shootouts. 

In TB 6 games:

image.png.a4501ddeb581d31c0f6a2886407f37fd.pngimage.png.78bb45689aa0885e8d87db59fb3efb04.png

JARED GOFF HIT THEM FOR 517 yards...WHY THE FUCK would you care if you ran the ball against TB? Teams vs TB are averaging 64% completion at 304 yds average pass yds per game. 

Besides Kamara and McCaffery (who are hybrid RBs) these running backs went against TB:

Barkley (only 8 carries--suffer ankle sprain that sidelined him)

Mostert, Brelda, Coleman (SF)

Gurley (5 carries he was hurt) -- remember 500+ passing yards from Goff in this AGAIN shootout

So as you can see, they've not really faced prolific runners or running teams. Their games have been wild shootouts for the most part. Doesn't really tell us that they're a good run stopping team. 

It sounds more efficient to throw against them to run. I’m probably going to start CD84 in fantasy this week. Ryan Tannehill better have a big day. If Jayon and Adoree are out I could see our 20 ppg defensive streak getting snapped. Godwin, Evans, and OJ are freaks.

2 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

1st of all, I live in TN so I'm quite aware of Kamara. 2nd of all, my wife is from NC, so I'm quite aware of McCaffrey. I'm assuming you said that cause you're an idiot. 

In the times TB faced Panthers: 1st game Panthers were down a touchdown in the 3rd quarter. They were basically losing the entire time. Cam threw over 300 yds trying to win the game, and it wouldn't have been that close if TB hadn't committed so many penalties. 

2nd game with TB was another shootout. Panthers threw 32x. Interceptions and fumbles all around. 

When TB played NO, Bridgewater threw for 300+ (34 att) as well, targeting Kamara 7x. 

As you can see, those 3 games were shootouts. 

In TB 6 games:

image.png.a4501ddeb581d31c0f6a2886407f37fd.pngimage.png.78bb45689aa0885e8d87db59fb3efb04.png

JARED GOFF HIT THEM FOR 517 yards...WHY THE FUCK would you care if you ran the ball against TB? Teams vs TB are averaging 64% completion at 304 yds average pass yds per game. 

Besides Kamara and McCaffery (who are hybrid RBs) these running backs went against TB:

Barkley (only 8 carries--suffer ankle sprain that sidelined him)

Mostert, Brelda, Coleman (SF)

Gurley (5 carries he was hurt) -- remember 500+ passing yards from Goff in this AGAIN shootout

So as you can see, they've not really faced prolific runners or running teams. Their games have been wild shootouts for the most part. Doesn't really tell us that they're a good run stopping team. 

Thanks for the report.  However, I was just answering someone who questioned what RBs they had gone against.  I never claimed they were a good run defense.  And I still maintain that both Kamara and McCaffrey are pretty good running backs.

And BTW, if you lived in Tennessee and were a Tennessee fan then you probably didn't see much of Kamara.

Edited by japan

16 minutes ago, rns90 said:

I expect a win this week.  Bucs are in turmoil and reeling.

Some here were saying the same thing before the Jags game.

The Bucs have had the 2nd toughest SOS over the first 7 weeks of the season and are scoring nearly 29pts a game, also have had a bye week to get healthy.

We are going to have to score heavily this week to win this game, expect our streak of keeping teams to 20pts or less to be broken this week.

6 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Some here were saying the same thing before the Jags game.

The Bucs have had the 2nd toughest SOS over the first 7 weeks of the season and are scoring nearly 29pts a game, also have had a bye week to get healthy.

We are going to have to score heavily this week to win this game, expect our streak of keeping teams to 20pts or less to be broken this week.

You think Jameis Winston is going to throw all over Dean Pees' defense and score more points than Phillip Rivers did against us(with more weapons than the Bucs have overall)?

I guess I don't understand the reasoning. Winston is the worst QB we have faced all season, and the dumbest, and Pees' defense is designed to wreak havoc on QBs like Winston. 

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Winston have more ints than points this week. 

Edited by tgo

8 minutes ago, tgo said:

You think Jameis Winston is going to throw all over Dean Pees' defense and score more points than Phillip Rivers did against us(with more weapons than the Bucs have overall)?

I guess I don't understand the reasoning. Winston is the worst QB we have faced all season, and the dumbest, and Pees' defense is designed to wreak havoc on QBs like Winston. 

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Winston have more ints than points this week. 

Even with Winston's erratic play the Bucs are still averaging 29pts a game.

Yes I actually think the Bucs will score more against us this week than the Chargers did last week.

14 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Even with Winston's erratic play the Bucs are still averaging 29pts a game.

Yes I actually think the Bucs will score more against us this week than the Chargers did last week.

Yeah we’re the 4th best defense in the league though. 

1 hour ago, OzTitan said:

Winston has gotten into some shootouts. If that happens this week the Titans are not playing to their strength even with a resurgent RT. 

One thing about a Arians/Winston combination is that they won't stop being aggressive even after a few turnovers, the Bucs have scored 17 or more points in every game this year.

It certainly isn't crazy thinking they will score more than 20 against the Titans.

Just have a feeling the Titans might need 28+ points to win this one.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic