Jonboy

If Tannehill Had Started Since Week 1...

21 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I'm pretty sure Bud Adans has given Bud Adams a blow job at some point in his life.

He parlayed it. No one in the league or on this board had anything negative to say about Mariota coming out of 2016. It’s getting really fucking annoying watching history rewritten. The guy was touted as a possible MVP candidate. 

As for MM in 2019, the guy looks and plays like a bitch. Tannehill is obviously better. It’s a shame we lost 3 games because of his terrible play. At the same time, you can see Tannehill isn’t the answer. We have to draft a QB round 1 next year. 

7 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

He parlayed it. No one in the league or on this board had anything negative to say about Mariota coming out of 2016. It’s getting really fucking annoying watching history rewritten. The guy was touted as a possible MVP candidate. 

As for MM in 2019, the guy looks and plays like a bitch. Tannehill is obviously better. It’s a shame we lost 3 games because of his terrible play. At the same time, you can see Tannehill isn’t the answer. We have to draft a QB round 1 next year. 

2016 Mariota deserved praise and deserved optimism. 

He sucked after that. To what degree he sucked is up for debate but 2017, 2018, 2019 trash and diminishing returns.

He never improved on the things that were needed after 2016 to keep defenses guessing

• Passes to the sidelines.
  • Passes to single-covered wideouts.
  • Pocket presence.
  • Big play ability.
  • Tight throws.

So the more defenses realized he wouldn't or couldn't do these things the more defenses would focus on the only other things he could do.

And I stretched my optimism into 2018. But looking back 2017 was when it really started because defenses figured him out.

Watch those games and you'll see a pattern.

Edited by big2033

Just now, big2033 said:

2016 Mariota deserved praise and deserved optimism. 

He sucked after that. To what degree he sucked is up for debate but 2017, 2018, 2019 trash and diminishing returns.

He never improved on the things that were needed after 2016 to keep defenses guessing

• Passes to the sidelines.
  • Pocket presence.
  • Big play ability.
  • Tight throws.

And I stretched my optimism into 2018. But looking back 2017 was when it started.

Watch those games and you'll see a pattern.

...yes Big. I know. We know. Mariota has never been the same player after 2016. I’m not even sure why you’re quoting me. I said openly I was done with him last year and was hoping we drafted a QB. Tannehill is a nice replacement. He sucks at avoiding pressure from the outside, but at least he looks like an actual NFL QB. 

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

...yes Big. I know. We know. Mariota has never been the same player after 2016. I’m not even sure why you’re quoting me. I said openly I was done with him last year and was hoping we drafted a QB. Tannehill is a nice replacement. He sucks at avoiding pressure from the outside, but at least he looks like an actual NFL QB. 

It's not about being the "same player" though.

He IS this player. Just like RGlll was the player he was before defenses figured him out after year one.

Defenses figured Mariota out. A QB that wouldn't test you outside and was skittish in the pocket. Defend the middle and penetrate the middle ... watch him fold.

Edited by big2033

Mariota was never a legitimate MVP candidate.  He has a hot stretch of 8 games - schemed up and against bad defenses too.  He was horrible in 3 early 2016 games (Minnesota, Oakland, Texans) and was awful in the Jax game he broke his fibula in.  He did some good things yes but he also had some glaring and telling issues that most people on here conveniently ignored or just blamed the coaches.

He had 5 TD's and 6 INT in 7 games aside from his hot streak.  Sound familiar?  Plus he had not finished a year healthy AND was coming off the fibula.

9 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Uh oh.. watch out. You've incurred the wrath of The Finger!!!

3 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Are the Titans 5-2 right now?

Hell, how about the last 3 seasons?

There has been so much draft and financial capital spent on this offense and it seemed like we were getting worse every year.  This team went through a rebuild and, really, last season is when we were supposed to be competing.  It was nice to see some of that talent utilized today, a year and a half too late.

6 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I think the smart move would be to draft a QB in the first two rounds.  RT can be the bridge starter and develop a less than ready year one starter.  I mean, fuck, how much have we invested in year one starters and failed?

We've got a decent roster.  We can afford a pick on a QB even if he doesn't see the field (which would be great) and if circumstances work out, a trade. 

RT may not be out answer, but at the moment, he's allowed us flexibility at the position.  

1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

People want to blame AAS but I truly believe it was more Robinson.  We'll likely never know for sure but either way is bad.

Why? He didn’t draft him. 

17 minutes ago, Rogue said:

I think the smart move would be to draft a QB in the first two rounds.  RT can be the bridge starter and develop a less than ready year one starter.  I mean, fuck, how much have we invested in year one starters and failed?

We've got a decent roster.  We can afford a pick on a QB even if he doesn't see the field (which would be great) and if circumstances work out, a trade. 

RT may not be out answer, but at the moment, he's allowed us flexibility at the position.  

He’s a solid as you can get for a stopgap QB.